Carvin Racks?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Sutton, Mar 25, 2005.

1. Sutton

Mar 3, 2005
    Plainwell, MI
    Does anyone know anything about Carvins Racks? If they are any good? I need to know pretty quickly because I'm either going to order one of there tonight, or go up to GC and get an SKB

Personally, I like the looks of them, but I'd rather have quality than just good looks. So what do you guys have to say about them?

2. Don't really know. I'm not a fan of molded plastic racks at all. I'm probably the last man standing who actually likes rat fur. :bag:
  3. Sutton

Mar 3, 2005
    Plainwell, MI
    I dont like thep lastic ones too much either, they just look cheap
  4. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Carvin stuff is probably just fine.

In fact, I wouldn't be too shocked of SKB made it for them :p I know D'Adarrio makes carvin strings...

so carvin cases may actually be SKB.
  5. Sutton

Mar 3, 2005
    Plainwell, MI
    The Carvin cases are plastic molding though. And D'Adarrio makes Carvin strings? I'll be damn, I may just buy some Carvin strings then...

EDIT: ARENT PLASTIC....damn typos
  6. Schwinn

Dec 4, 2002
    Sarasota, FL
    My band has a couple...they are heavy-duty wood, anvil type racks. Very good quality but heavy. I prefer the plastic molded ones (e.g., SKB)
  7. If your talking about something for your amp I Just ordered one of these for my HA3500. It's a "Grundorf" from "Direct Pro Audio"

8. I've never had an amp to put in a rack like this but with the rack ears it's 19' (which I'm told is standard) and I'm hoping I made a good decision on a good tight fit for a 2 space rack! I like there design and do you know if any hardware is included? Hope it works they look solid!
  9. KAOSBass

Mar 10, 2005
    Amarillo Texas

doesnt Labella make their bass strings????

Thats what I heard....dont know????
  10. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    I don't think you need to worry about the spacing. Your 3500 vents from the rear, and since there's only one tube, it doesn't get very hot. I used an SKB 4 space for mine, and added a rack tuner in the top slot. I liked the space in between to store set lists, or a roll of tape, etc.

The only problem with the 2 spacers is they tip over if you're not careful with setting it down. You'll definitely prolong the life of your amp in a case though.