Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Carvin RC210-18

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by FatCity, Aug 15, 2002.

1. FatCity

FatCity

Apr 30, 2002
    Lexington, SC
    Endorsing Artist: Howard's Crispy Fried Chicken Skins
    Has anyone had any experience with <a href="http://www.carvin.com/cgi-bin/Isearch.exe?CFG=2&P2=RC210-18&P1=BA">this</a> rig?

Thanks for any feedback!

FatCity

2. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    Plenty of experience with the RC210 alone or bi-amped with a 1X15 cab... I gigged with the RC210 standalone many times... very versatile head, after four years, I've become somewhat dis-enchanted with the cabinet, but it was a workable solution. Bi-amped sounded much better. I've since removed the head from the combo and have switched to this rig...

[​IMG]

More nads...

-robert

3. PeaveyTNT

PeaveyTNT Banned

Jul 21, 2002
    USA
    maybe it is just me... but 600w doest seem like enough to power 2x10's and an 18.... why not try this rig?

i think it would be a bit better....

or not....

4. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    Yep, I used that exact rig.

I enjoyed using it. It's versatile. The 18 is fairly light, but the combo weighs in at 83lbs.

I consider it a great value for a working musician.

I did sell the 18 in anticipation of replacing it with a Avatar 115 and changing the two speakers inside to 16 ohm eminence kappas. But it hasn't happened yet. It's plenty loud as a stand alone also.

5. FatCity

FatCity

Apr 30, 2002
    Lexington, SC
    Endorsing Artist: Howard's Crispy Fried Chicken Skins
    I was looking at that as well, but liked the idea of being able to use the combo alone in certain situations. Thanks to all for the replies!

FatCity