Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Carvin RC210 Setup?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Paulb7664, Feb 6, 2006.

1. Paulb7664

Paulb7664

Sep 30, 2004
    Kent UK
    Hi all
    Can you help me? I use a Carvin RC210 and 1x15 cab. Warwick Streamer LX with 50\105. I play Blues\Rock and I'm having trouble getting a strong fat sound on all 4 strings. The E\A strings sound good but when I use the D\G it losses its punch. Is this a amp set-up thing or a guitar thing?
    If you use this Amp can you post some settings I could try???

Thanks.

Paul

2. Paulb7664

Paulb7664

Sep 30, 2004
    Kent UK
    BUMP Somebody!!!??

3. Sundogue

Sundogue

Apr 26, 2001
    Wausau, WI
    I used to have one, but it was awhile back.

Isn't their a "blend" knob on that thing where you can blend in the tube pre-amp with the solid state? Mess with that.

I think I used it way up so it had that fat tube sound as opposed to more on the solid state side.

That should help some. Another thing to check out is adjusting the height of the pickups on the D and G side of the pickups. Perhaps they are further away than the E and A side and that's contributing to it.

4. Paulb7664

Paulb7664

Sep 30, 2004
    Kent UK
    Thanks for your help, will give it a go!

5. billparks

billparks

Feb 3, 2006
    I just got an RC210 RedEye and the Carvin 18". Here are some basics but I found until I did this the sound sucked:

1. Make sure your Bi amp switch on the front is set to full, not BiAmp.

2. Be sure to have your preamp gain set to at least 0db and no lower...

3. Set your amp levels to 5

4. Now bring up your Master Gain

5. Try using the mid pre shape EQ andalso play with the mid eq and parametric sweep - this should help balance your notes. If the Mid EQ is set to 0 then the sweep will have no effect - right of 0 will add and left will trim.

Also the Center graphic EQ slider and the 2 sliders to the right of center should fine tune your settings.

6. Finally check the HF attenuation switch on the back of the RC210 spkr cab and be sure it is off.

BTW I just got the Carvin "18 and WOW - this rig really rocks now and is so versatile. On sale now for $299.000

I get the impression a lot of players here pooh pooh Carvin's Redline series but I am very pleased and the RC210 cost me $489 w/shipping new friom the Carvin Ebay store add the $350 I spend on the 18 cab, $850 is a pretty good price vs. performance number.

EDIT
    I just noticed you have a 15". You can run in full mode but biamping should yield better results. Your Xover control should also help balance your sound. Be sure you are not running in bridged Mode if you are using Carvin Cabs as they are 4 ohms and bridging will result in a 2 ohm load that will shut down the Redline.

6. bass-shy

bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    Florida
    Redline stuff really does get knocked a lot on TB. I have a Cyclops combo and I love it. Granted, it does take some patience setting up a Redline rig, the rewards are more than ample. (For me, anyway.) It is definitely not a "plug and play" line of amplifiers. The Cyclops is the tightest and punchiest rig I have ever played through. I imagine the 2x10 combo is pretty killer too. I've thought about picking one of those up a few times. Their BRX amps and cabs look pretty sweet, too. Congrats on the purchases guys.

7. Paulb7664

Paulb7664

Sep 30, 2004
    Kent UK
    Thanks for this info. I will have to find more time to play with the setup!!
    Paul.

8. Paulb7664

Paulb7664

Sep 30, 2004
    Kent UK
    I can feel the E-Bay thing coming :bag: