1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Carvin RL115 Review

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by adamaarts, Jan 23, 2004.

1. adamaarts

adamaarts Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2001
    Corona, CA
    Beta tester Source Audio, demos/reviews of many others
    ive had my 1x15 for about a year now i think, and have had a lot of learning experiences over the last few months. i thought for a long time that this speaker was going out, distorting, and i hated it, but voila, new battery in my bass, and the distortion is gone, and i can finally get the potential out of this speaker.

to make a long review short, its very solid and clear sounding, has a bit of low mid oomph, that goes great with a little boost in the low mids. the highs are good for a 15, but not as bright as i like from 10s. but they are very sufficient in most situations. the tone is mostly whatever you want it to be, i get great piano tones from it with a little boost in the treble, and i would continue t say that bottom line, its very flexible in your tone choice.

i have gigged this a few times for smaller shows. some church gigs, and a small concert, and some backyard parties and such. it has never failed to cut through the mix, and even over powered a marshall half stack, i had to turn down, this speaker has carried its own.

its very portable, and very flexible in tones like i said, so overall, this cab is a good buy, ive always used it alone, never paired it with 10s, so i cant say its a great addition, but its a good start. i havent tried avatar or most other cabs, but for the money, this is a great deal for the bassist on a budget.

2. sobie18

sobie18

May 5, 2002
    Shaw AFB, SC
    I gig with one all of the time paired up with a 410 here and there. Good as a stand-alone cab, too.