1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Carvin RL410T OR Hartke VX410

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by gregmon79, Jan 14, 2013.

1. gregmon79

gregmon79 I did it for the muff... Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    Hello all, I am thinking of replacing a Hartke 410, I think its a VX410, 410 cab @ 8 ohms 400 watts with a Carvin RL410T @ 8 ohms 800 watts I saw online today. Do any if you think I should make the switch or just keep the Hartke? The Carvin is used for $250. The reason I ask is because I need something to build onto my rig. I have a GK 1001 RB II and a GK 410 SBX plus (being fixed in the shop right now) and I got the Hartke as a back up until I get the GK back. Truth is, I dont really want to keep the Hartke. I would rather get another GK cab. The problem is time and money are somewhat constraining me. I need to stay under $500 and I need to find the cab before Jan 28th because my 30 days for the Hartke would be up by then and I wont be able to return it to the store for a refund. What would any of you do? Idk which GK cab to build onto the SBX plus. I really want to get something that is going to offer a lot of headroom due to the fact the 1001 RB II has so much power. Suggestions please!! Thank you,.

2. lfbassguy

lfbassguy

Jul 4, 2010
    west texas
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland
    I really like the sound of those RL Carvin cabs. Not a big fan of GK or hartke VX cabs. I don't think you would go wrong with the RL. You can find Carvin BRX Cabs used well under $500, awesome sounding cab. It is 4 ohm though and I don't think the GK head will run any lower than that. With my experience, you may not need anything more than that cab though.

Sorry, I hope I didn't make your decision harder.....

3. RS66LB

RS66LB

Dec 29, 2012
    Connecticut
    I think they're both using Eminence drivers

4. Jaco who?

Jaco who?

May 20, 2008
    Check with Music Go Round. Last time I checked they had several used SBX410 cabs to choose from, and your cabs will match.

5. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye Inactive

Feb 21, 2010
    St. Louis
    I would match your other cab. Particularly if you like the sound of it. I gigged with Carvin RL410s for years until I got my fridge. They were ok, but I would never buy another one. In fact, I have 2 of them right now that I would sell immediately if I could find someone who wanted them.

Incidentally, if you do go with Carvin and you ever have to replace speakers ( I have had to multiple times on both cabs) the replacement drivers you will get from Carvin are NOT Eminence and they are sourced from China. Just an FYI.

6. gregmon79

gregmon79 I did it for the muff... Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    Well, I ended up getting a 410 neo to supplement the SBX plus. Now I don't have to worry about power.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 5, 2021