1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Carvin SB5000, Nordstrand, 5-string $19,876

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by n1as, Mar 26, 2015.

1. n1as

n1as

Mar 29, 2013
    Price:
    Strings:
    Ha, Made ya look! :)

Yes, the bass is worth $19,876 but you can have it for $980 shipped con-USA.

I love it but have finally admitted that my arthritic left hand and 5-string necks just do not mix. Time to move to 4 stringers and stay there.

I Purchased this brand new in Aug 2013. I've been the only owner and haven't played it that much since I was playing guitar much of the time and moving / changing jobs which kept my away from music for 1/2 a year.
    • Maple neck with oil finish.
    • Black large diamond inlays
    • Dunlop straplocks
    • Ash body (1)
    • Chrome knobs (2)
    • Classic Sunburst
    • V-V-T Bass/Treble active/passive preamp.
    • Nordstrand NJ5S split-coil pickups.
    • Original Carvin PUs included.
    • Hard case in exc. condition with case candy.
    Speaking of condition, there is essentially not a mark on the bass aside from a few very light swirl marks on the back. Fret wear is next to nothing (I'm pretty sure the SS frets but don't have the spec sheet to prove it).

I have fully shielded the pickup cavities and ran a ground wire from there to the shielding in the control cavity. That combined with the hum-canceling pickups means this bass is pretty quiet!

(1) Ash body. I asked Carvin for a lightweight instrument and they apparently gave me a 1-piece body. Again, it wasn't what I ordered so no guarantees but it looks 1-piece to me.

(2) The first pic shows it with black Jazz knobs. They have been removed and the original chrome knobs are back on as shown in the rest of the images. The bass comes with the chrome knobs, not the black ones.

TRADES: Sorry, I'm looking for cash to pay for the new bass I have on order.
    SB5K-1. SB5K-2. SB5K-3. SB5K-5. SB5K-7. SB5K-8. SB5K-9. SB5K-10. SB5K-12. SB5K-14.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
    ShenmueTacos likes this.
  2. n1as

n1as

Mar 29, 2013
    Bump.

3. Hans Gruber

Hans Gruber

Jun 18, 2003
    Los Angeles
    What a classic setup! If I bought another SB5000, it'd very similar if not exactly like it. And the Nordstrands are a nice option and very fair price.

These things are perfect basses for everything you need, really!

4. n1as

n1as

Mar 29, 2013
    Yes, indeed. I had every intention of just playing this until I drop but the left hand issues are just not worth it. So I put my baby up for adoption with a somewhat divided heart, though my L hand wants this bass gone :)

CatSquare likes this.
  5. n1as

n1as

Mar 29, 2013
    Payment Received - SOLD.

6. ranat

ranat

Dec 22, 2010
    LA California
    Can you tell me whether the Nordstrand NJ5S split-coil pickups fits your SB 5K directly without any adjustment? I plan to replace mine

7. macribas

macribas

Jan 17, 2009
    Austin, TX
    Yes, they do.