SOLD Carvin SB5000 w/Audere Pro JZ3 Preamp

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by bassguyry, Feb 11, 2018.

1. bassguyry

bassguyry Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2011
    Arvada, Colorado
    Price:
    $900
    Strings:
    Up for sale is my Carvin SB5000 5-string bass. I am the original owner and ordered this bass from Carvin in 2011. Though this bass has been gigged, it's still in excellent condition, with the exception of a few small dings on the body, and some typical finger scratches on the pickguard. Last year, I replaced the stock Carvin preamp with an Audere Pro JZ3 preamp (2-band with a passive tone control) running on 18V (the preamp is wired directly to the existing battery boxes), which sounds awesome.

It features a swamp ash body, maple neck, and birdseye maple fingerboard/headstock. The neck has Carvin's satin/oil finish, instead of a gloss finish - it's super comfortable and fast! It has 19mm string spacing at the bridge, and a 1.75" nut width. These weren't the lightest basses in the world, but this one isn't too bad, with a cheap-Amazon-scale weight of 9lbs, 13oz.

The bass also includes the original Carvin hardshell case, original invoice and paperwork, and the original Carvin preamp. I've loved this bass for a while now, but it's time to make room for some new additions to the herd... :D

$900 shipped to the lower 48 CONUS. $850 for a local Denver deal. I'm not terribly interested in trades, as I'm looking specifically at buying a new G&L JB-5, but I'm always open to ideas. :D PayPal only for payment, and I will only ship/sell to buyers in the lower 48 CONUS. Feel free to hit me up with questions. Thanks for looking!
    IMG_0668.jpg IMG_0669.jpg IMG_0670.jpg IMG_0671.jpg IMG_0672.jpg IMG_0673.jpg IMG_0674.jpg IMG_0675.jpg IMG_0676.jpg IMG_0680.jpg IMG_0681.jpg IMG_0682.jpg IMG_0683.jpg

BradH, bordinco90 and nice_hat like this.
  2. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Oh wow, want. No funds though :(

3. morrisonhendrix

morrisonhendrix When the music's over, turn out the lights... Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2009
    near Dallas, Texas
    Got any audio samples?

4. bassguyry

bassguyry Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2011
    Arvada, Colorado
    Of the bass alone, no, unfortunately. However, I do have a track I recorded using the bass (with the Audere preamp, not the Carvin pre):

BradH likes this.
  5. morrisonhendrix

morrisonhendrix When the music's over, turn out the lights... Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2009
    near Dallas, Texas
    Cool. Thanks.

6. BradH

BradH Supporting Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Billings, Mt
    I love my SB5000! The necks on these are to die for, thin front to back, not chunky.
    Mine has the stock preamp & sounds great IMO, I bet yours rocks.
    GLWTS

bassguyry likes this.
  7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Oct 16, 2021