1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Carvin SB5000 - White/Ebony

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by corradoc, May 18, 2011.

1. corradoc

corradoc

Dec 20, 2007
    New York City
    Up for sale one Carvin SB5000. Standard specs on this one, alder body, 1 piece maple neck, ebony board, chrome hardware, active electronics (18volt, active/passive push/pull), comes with a white pickguard installed and a tortoise shell pickguard. 19mm spacing for you funk master out there.

Also included is a hard case from Carvin. The bass is strung with DR Hi Beams strings that are still pretty fresh. Price on this bass is $825.00 plus shipping.

I'm always amazed at how well this bass plays and sounds. Never really played a carving before, and was very pleasantly surprised. Slappers paradise here!

Only reason I'm looking to move her is that I grabbed a 6 string recently that I am loving, and that makes bringing a 5'er out a bit redundant.

As for trades, really only looking to get an EUB (ns, allegra, etc) or a 6 string fretless...I'm also in the market for a nice keyboard. But hit me up with offers cause you never know when GAS will hit.

Attached Files:

2. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    Are the pups on these single coil or hum canceling?
    Weight?
    34" scale, right?

3. Mr. Bass Clef

Mr. Bass Clef

Oct 23, 2010
    Can you post audio or video of different tones of the bass? Thanks

4. corradoc

corradoc

Dec 20, 2007
    New York City
  5. corradoc

corradoc

Dec 20, 2007
    New York City
    ttt

6. mstott25

mstott25

Aug 26, 2005
    Guntersville, AL
    Not to derail...but how long did your axeport last before it kicked the bucket on you? I was thinking about picking one up b/c my stealthplug just died on me after nearly 5 years of faithful service.

Great looking Carvin btw!

7. corradoc

corradoc

Dec 20, 2007
    New York City
    Thanks. My axport is tow years old, but I really can't blame the gear on this one. It got wet in a freak coffee accident~ other than that, I've used the hell out of the thing, and plan to get another soon

8. corradoc

corradoc

Dec 20, 2007
    New York City
    bumperoo

9. corradoc

corradoc

Dec 20, 2007
    New York City
    up

10. corradoc

corradoc

Dec 20, 2007
    New York City
    coupla' mo' pics....

Attached Files:

11. Every single SB5000 that popped up just narrowly slipped through my fingers. One by just less than 15 minutes!! Now that I finally got the one I wanted (and only because of a selfless TB'er) this one sits seemingly unloved!? :confused: Someone needs this and doesn't even realize it...:help:

12. madbassplaya

madbassplaya

Dec 28, 2007
    i wish i could afford to pick it up and have it with my SB5000 on order.

13. J. Crawford

J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    If I this is still around post Graduation party next weekend, I'll send you the moolah.

Ill keep my fingers crossed.

14. SteveC

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    Tempting. I may want to get a 5 again and I want 34" scale. The electronics are interesting...sounds almost like Sadowsky...passive tone, 2 band, etc.

15. very classy looking ! I think I am going to try to sell my Lakland 44-02 to fund this. Hmmmmm....thinking.

16. corradoc

corradoc

Dec 20, 2007
    New York City
    Up, up, up...

17. SteveC

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    I am debating getting this to add to my 44-02. I love that bass, but there are a couple times/tunes/gigs where a 5 would be nice.

18. corradoc

corradoc

Dec 20, 2007
    New York City
    And sold!