1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Carvin soapbars

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by mitsuman47, Dec 9, 2006.

1. mitsuman47

mitsuman47

Jul 16, 2005
    Are the soaps on the Carvin IC6 the same dimensions as the EMG 6 string soaps? I'd like to pick up a carvin, but I've heard that their p/u's are less than stellar. And I really don't want to have to route the body of my new $1500 bass to fit pickups.

2. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    The Carvin soapbars measure 4.25" long, 1.25" wide and .75" high. You'll have to check to see what the EMG pickups are.

I hear the Carvin soapbars are very good. I have the carvin J99s in my 4 string. They're not bad at all. More modern than some, high output solid bass.

3. WoodyG3

WoodyG3

May 6, 2003
    Colorado, USA
    I've actually not heard a bad thing yet about the Carvin soapbars. Some of the other pickups and Carvin preamps have had some bad reviews, but I honestly haven't heard or read a single bad review of the soapbars.

I'm pretty sure that they are not the same size as any of the EMG pickups. I remember seeing that Bartolini makes a soapbar of the same size, but it's not a regularly stocked size, so I assume you'd need to special order.

4. A9X

A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Australia
    That's P2 sized. EMG's are all 1.5" wide.