Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Carvin Speakers?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by camerondye, Mar 30, 2001.

1. camerondye

camerondye

Nov 7, 2000
    How do all the Carvin Bass Cabinets rate against other bass cabinets in your opinion? What cab do they most sound like? Do they hold up as well...have you had trouble blowing speakers? Any help....
    cam

2. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    some people here don't like Carvin speakers. I have a carvin 210 cab that I use alot and I thinks it sounds great. Yes I have cranked my amp through the 210 cab several times and no blown speakers yet.

3. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

They're Eminence speakers, a decent speaker. If you look at the bass amps section of their discussion board, you won't see anyone reporting blown speakers. I really wish Carvin offered speaker options, a high end option, and have suggested it to them as have others.

The cabs are A-1. About as high quality as you'll find.

Nonetheless, my Carvin's work just fine in the clubs. It ain't art. When I played in concert situations, I've used higher end amps, (my own and rented).

Several of us at TalkBass use Carvin's in the studio. I also go direct in addition, though.