Carvin specials - Which are the best?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by, Jul 18, 2001.

1. Hey, is anybody out there familiar with Carvin's sales policies? I know that everytime they come out with a new catalog they usually have some sort of a discount available. Right now it's 50% off all options and case. I'm thinking of buying an LB75P and putting around $400 bucks (that's without the discount) worth of options into the bass. So my question is, is the 50% off one of their better deals? Or if I wait, could I get a better deal. Thanks for any info you can pass along.
  2. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    That special discount is the best so far.
    And it wont last long , so take advantage of it as soon as you can.
    You are getting Options prices sometimes even lower than I As an International Carvin Dealer get.
  3. snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    I believe they are doing free shipping also until the end of July.
  4. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Free shipping? I hadn't heard that. I have a few thousands bucks worth of their stuff so they send me catalogs regularly and I haven't seen that. Where they mention "special offers" at their discussion board they don't mention it either. It wouldn't surprise me, though, since they took a price hike on some of their stuff recently.

The 50% off options was going on last September when I started looking for another bass. I got about all the options I possibly could except for double cheese and the personalized truss rod cover :rolleyes: To me, the best options I got, in terms of what other brands charge for the same thing, were the half-off case and the quilted maple top.

I know the case isn't really an option since you have to buy one in order for them to ship a bass to you, but it's really an SKB Famous 44 case with the Carvin logo on it and you can't beat it for the price.

As for the quilted maple, one of their board moderators and I don't know how long they can keep that up. Quilted maple represents about 1% of the maple harvested and it is getting rarer all the time.

The free footswitch with the amp is no big deal to me. I don't use it.