Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

CARVIN SR. 3 R1000 - - - NEED HELP!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by TheHammer, Mar 26, 2004.

1. TheHammer

TheHammer

Mar 26, 2004
    Hey, i own a carvin series 3 R1000 amplifier and not too long ago the cooling system (for an unknown reason) stopped functioning during use and much of the powercircuit board melted and we destroyed. Does anybody know somewhere to get replacement boards at less than market value? Any imput would be greatly appreciated! :)

2. Richard Lindsey

Richard Lindsey

Mar 25, 2000
    Metro NYC
    Call Carvin. I very much doubt that many people outside the factory are going to have these just hanging around.

3. TheHammer

TheHammer

Mar 26, 2004
    yeah, i already have put a message into Carvin. I thought that there might be a carvin Rep who uses this forum who might see it. i dont expect to hear back the support at carvin until Monday (maybe longer) though, being as i wrote an email to them tonight

4. Richard Lindsey

Richard Lindsey

Mar 25, 2000
    Metro NYC
    Cool. Just a suggestion, though: don't just leave it to e-mail, follow up with a phone call.

5. bizzaro

bizzaro

Aug 21, 2000
    Vermont
    This is really the only way to go with their equipment in my opinion, unless you can fix it yourself. They will recondition the amp for a pretty reasonable fee and you will get a 90 day warranty. And you have other options. (Trade for new) Call and ask. They have great customer service.

6. FunkyBeek

FunkyBeek

Mar 23, 2004
    Hawaii
    yeah, i had a series II r600 that caught on fire. i sent it back to carvin and for a reasonable fee of 140 bucks, i got it back.....it still didnt work.