Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Carvin SRS6.5 as studio monitors

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by BillyB_from_LZ, Feb 3, 2003.

1. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    A friend of mine is thinking about buying a pair of the non-powered SRS6.5 to use for mixdown and mastering.

Does anyone on TB have experience with these that they could comment on recommend something else in the less than $300 price range?

Thanks!!!

2. BassWizard55

BassWizard55 Guest

Dec 21, 2002
    Rome, Ga
    I'm sorry, I haven't really heard anything about the carvins but I wouldn't trust them. I mean, those mon. and the active ones are the only ones carvin makes. So a company whose experience in making monitors is limited to that is not worth your investment, I do believe. And other good brands in the $300 range include ~ Event, M- Audio, Fostex, Tanoy, JBL, and many more.

Just shop around, you'll find something you like.

3. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    for $199 right now you can get a pair of m-audio studiophile sp-5b's from musiciansfriend. that's too good of a deal to consider anything else, IMO.

4. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I second this.

5. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    i got mine today - and if they're not the best speakers i've ever heard, they're WAY up there. i couldn't be happier....especially for $199!!!!