Carvin SRS6.5 as studio monitors

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by BillyB_from_LZ, Feb 3, 2003.

1. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    A friend of mine is thinking about buying a pair of the non-powered SRS6.5 to use for mixdown and mastering.

Does anyone on TB have experience with these that they could comment on recommend something else in the less than $300 price range?

2. BassWizard55

BassWizard55 Guest

Dec 21, 2002
    Rome, Ga
    I'm sorry, I haven't really heard anything about the carvins but I wouldn't trust them. I mean, those mon. and the active ones are the only ones carvin makes. So a company whose experience in making monitors is limited to that is not worth your investment, I do believe. And other good brands in the $300 range include ~ Event, M- Audio, Fostex, Tanoy, JBL, and many more.

Just shop around, you'll find something you like.
  3. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    for $199 right now you can get a pair of m-audio studiophile sp-5b's from musiciansfriend. that's too good of a deal to consider anything else, IMO.
  4. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I second this.
  5. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    i got mine today - and if they're not the best speakers i've ever heard, they're WAY up there. i couldn't be happier....especially for $199!!!!