Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

carvin/warmoth

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by infamousxtopher, May 15, 2005.

1. carvin bolt on neck on a warmoth body..might this work? hmm just a thought.

-topher

2. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    I don't think Carvin necks are made to Fender pocket dimensions, which is what Warmoth's bodys (except for the 5/6 string gecko's, they are their own beast) are. So they aren't going to fit without some work on one of the pieces, which IMO would not be worth it. Why mix up the 2 makers? Warmoth's got a great variety of necks, and Carvins bodys can be ordered with just about any of the same options you can select for their completed instruments.

3. i love the warmoth bodys (dinky p) but the price of the carvin neck is appealing. i'm going to be paying 230 i believe for a warmoth neck with an ebony board and the angled headstock, just trying for the more inexpensive alternative.

4. Richard Lindsey

Richard Lindsey

Mar 25, 2000
    Metro NYC
    Sorry, it won't work. It does with their guitar necks (with a little help), but not with their bass necks.