Carvin with new cabs and power amps NEED help

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by cocoune, May 15, 2012.

1. cocoune

cocoune

Jan 28, 2012
    Hi,
    I'm running a carvin bx500 in my golight 2x10 400watts 8ohm and I want a neo carvin 2x10 600watts 4ohm. In the futur, i might want to had a power amp to this and I have a few questions. If my poweramp is :
    OUTPUT POWER
    1 CHANNEL RMS continuous
    - 8 ohms: 200 watts
    - 4 ohms: 350 watts
    - 2 ohms: 600 watts
    BOTH CH RMS continuous
    - 8 ohms: 160/160 watts
    - 4 ohms: 280/280 watts
    - 2 ohms: 500/500 watts
    BRIDGED RMS continuous
    - 8 ohms bridged: 560 watts
    - 4 ohms bridged: 1000 watts

, what can i get for each cab if i chain them ?

2. cableguy

cableguy

Jun 4, 2009
    North Bend, WA
    sorry too much math for me after miller time.......I know the Carvin can run at 2ohm but why not get the 8ohm version of the Carvin cab? It would seem to match up better with the cab you already have. just a thought.....

3. craig.p

craig.p

Sep 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Yeah, get the new cab in 8 ohms, and forget about the power amp. Your volume with the BX alone should increase to the point where you find you don't need anything more. You can always add the power amp at a later date.

Side note: I'm not a fan of mixing non-identical cabs in the same frequency range, but... eh, whatever. :-\

4. cocoune

cocoune

Jan 28, 2012
    well i know 500 watts but i might want more. I want to know how much wattage in each cab i will get. Cause i think the 4 ohm will get more wattage but i want to know exacly how much.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 23, 2021