1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Carvin XB75 owners, are you out there?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Marley's Ghost, May 4, 2010.

1. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    My searches have come up with precious few posts from owners of this wonderful bass. So gather round and share you pics and experiences!

XB75_Full3.

2. That thar bass is backwards...but it sure is purdy!

:D

3. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    :atoz:;)

4. Bob C

Bob C

Mar 26, 2000
    Duluth, MN
    :rollno:

5. dabluz

dabluz

Jan 23, 2008
    I just got my XB75P and it being the first bass I have ever owned with active electronics I am having a bit of a time trying figure out how to blend the piezzo with the pickups and there is a toggle switch that I think swaps the humbucker to a single coil but I really am at a loss. I know that when I use passive mode, the tone controls don't seem to effect the sound. I got the guitar yesterday and will keep trying to learn it but any suggestions would be welcome.

Attached Files:

6. Blues Cat

Blues Cat Payson Fanned Bass Strings Owner Commercial User

May 28, 2005
    Katy, Tx
    Payson Fanned Bass Strings Owner
    The large knob closest to the bridge is the piezo blend. It acts just like a pu blend.

7. Bob C

Bob C

Mar 26, 2000
    Duluth, MN
    Yeah, in passive mode the bass, mid and treble controls are disabled. But the blend between the bridge and neck magnetic pickups works in both modes. Not sure about the piezo.

Also, you do know there are mini trimpots (gain controls) in the control cavity for the main preamp and for each string on the piezo preamp, right? That, along with pickup heights allows for quite a bit of fine tuning.