Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Carvin XB75

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Schwinn, Sep 25, 2005.

1. Schwinn

Schwinn

Dec 4, 2002
    Sarasota, FL
    This is a neck-thru XB75 (35.25" scale), swamp ash body, maple-koa 5 piece tung-oiled neck. This bass is in used condition with a one quirk relating to the electronics so please read the description carefully.

Cosmetics: There are 3 small dings in the front of the bass in the area of the pickups and controls (not thru the paint), one tiny ding on the very side of the body, and a small scrape in the top of the headstock. The dings on the body are hard to photograph due to the difficulty of photographing a black bass but I can try more pics if you'd like.

Electronics: The electronics cavity has been completely re-done and re-shielded. It has a 9 volt bartolini preamp now. The original preamp was 18 volts so one of the battery compartments is inactive and can be used to store an extra battery. The bridge pickup is a Lakland barolini MM with a switch for parallel, single coil, series mode. The neck is a Carvin J99. Unfortunately there is a problem with running both pickups together at full (i.e., blend dead center) when the MM is set at single-coil or series. The volume on the lower strings will drop off, but not the higher strings. You have to move the blend to slightly off center to restore volume. Before this I had a Barolini J pickup in the neck position but had the same phase problem with that set up. If you want, I can include that bartolini (unintstalled) for an extra $30. The problem I believe lies in how the MM pu switch is wired. I don't think there is anything wrong with the pickups. I just don't have the knowledge to troubleshoot the wiring any further. A good guitar tech could probably solve the problem if it bothers you.

Controls on the front of the bass are: bass, variable mids (high, mid, low) with switch, treble, volume, blend, and MM selector switch.

I'm selling this bass because I'm financing another Peavey Cirrus. Because it has the electronics problem and the dings I think $300 (including hardshell Carvin case), plus shipping is a fair price.

Let me know if you have any questions or want more pictures. This bass is hard to photograph because its black. Looks better in person. Thanks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

EDIT: I messed the model number. It's an XB75

2. Schwinn

Schwinn

Dec 4, 2002
    Sarasota, FL
    on hold....This was originally listed as a LB75, which it is not...sorry for the mistake.

3. Schwinn

Schwinn

Dec 4, 2002
    Sarasota, FL
    Sold!!