Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Carvin XB75p for sale or trade

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by soulgroovn, Dec 16, 2003.

1. soulgroovn

soulgroovn

Oct 25, 2002
    New Haven CT
    Mint cond XB75 in quilt blueburst. The bass was ordered fully equipped with the "pro" upgrades but has since been retrofitted with a full bartolini system, which includes a J single coil and a MM style humbucker. The preamp is now the bart HR-5.4. The bass has been gigged 3 times and has spend most of the time on the stand in my office. The buyer of the bass will receive the original Carvin pre and pickups which I have saved, and the factory hardshell case. I will also seriously consider a trade for a new or well maintained snowboard, including bindings. This is why the bass is for sale. The funds will go straight to Burton.........

Email for questions. **Pics have just been posted**

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I'm asking $600. Also, I just noticed that the pic of the back of the neck is distorted. The koa strips are perfectly straight. I guess my camera hiccuped...

Pics here

2. XxBassmanxX

XxBassmanxX

Nov 21, 2001
    Rosman NC
    Awesome bass! Good luck selling it.

Joe

3. Schwinn

Schwinn

Dec 4, 2002
    Sarasota, FL
    I would buy that bass in a heartbeat if I didn't have one almost exactly like it!!

Just curious about something: What model is that MM Bart upgrade? I replaced the J with the same J Bart but I haven't touched the MM in mine yet.

4. soulgroovn

soulgroovn

Oct 25, 2002
    New Haven CT
    Honestly, I can't remember which model specifically. I'll see if I can dig up some recipts but I do remember that the bart guy told me that he gets orders for carvin retrofits all the time.

5. soulgroovn

soulgroovn

Oct 25, 2002
    New Haven CT
    Update: The bass has been posted to an auction site for less than my asking price here but I will not post a link so I stay within the forum rules.

6. Schwinn

Schwinn

Dec 4, 2002
    Sarasota, FL
    No problem, just a little curious. Mine has the wide neck option so the MM one mine is might be wider than yours and that Bart might not fit right. I don't have any intentions of doing any more mods right now as I'm happy with mine the way it is. Good luck selling your bass...its a beaut!

7. trade for a customized american standard precision bass?

8. soulgroovn

soulgroovn

Oct 25, 2002
    New Haven CT
    I would have thought about it but there is already a a bid on the auction.