Carvin XB76 Quesiton

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by sk8terguy316, May 28, 2005.

1. I was wondering on this page

What are the options of the instrument shown because for ordering a custom instrument I would like that exact top wood,Body wood,neck,etcetc and I couldnt figure it out so I thought U could

(all i know is its falmed maple brown stain top,I think maybe koa body,) thanks for help
  2. ezstep

Nov 25, 2004
    north Louisiana
    Contact them and ask.

I ordered a Carvin in the mid 90's and I found them to be quite helpful. Mine is all mahogany, neck and wings, with ebony f/b. I have never regretted that purchase.
  3. Snarf

Jan 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    The one in the picture looks like a P series bass with mahogany body and a flame walnut top, gloss finish. Maple neck with walnut stringers. And the HB option as well.
  4. mgood

Sep 29, 2001
    Levelland, Texas
    That's an XB76WP.
    XB means it has a 35.25" scale.
    76 means it's a six-string.
    W means it's a claro walnut series. You can just make out the thin center layer in this pic. It has a walnut back, alder center, and figured walnut top, five-piece maple neck with two walnut strips. Standard ebony fretboard with mother of pearl dots. Standard chrome hardware. Standard J99 single-coil in the neck position.
    P means it has the piezo acoustic pickups in the bridge. P series basses come with the HB series humbucking bridge pickup and coil tap switch, rounded body sides, and the extra knob blends between the piezo pickups and the magnetic pickups.
  5. +1 i ordered my LB76F over the fone last year and I would say they will not have a problem answering any of your quesions and will get it done the way you want it