Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Carvin

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jonboy11290, Feb 26, 2006.

1. Jonboy11290

Jonboy11290

Feb 22, 2006
    Just wanted to know some peoples opinions on carvin basses.... I have a lb70 and I love i... and what strings you play on it..

2. T-Funk

T-Funk

Jul 2, 2005
    USA
  3. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Carvin has been discussed at length many times here at TB. Use the "search" feature and you will find tons of info on the subject. :cool:

BTW, welcome to TB! :D

4. Most every brand of bass has been discussed to adnauseam here on TB... but that's what we're here for.

FWIW, I think that Carvin's are not only built well, but also sound great. Through the years I've had a great many compliments on my sound and have to credit much of it to my Carvin fretless 5'er... I use Thomastic-Infeld Jazz flats.

Keep the faith and have fun at TB!

5. I love my B4. Best fretless I've played (though I haven't played a lot of them. Bad area to live in if you're looking to play a wide variety of instruments)

They're great for their price, but they're not my favorite.

6. Just got a four-string NT4 fretless neck- ebony board/hard maple neck- and it feels great. More on it when I build my fretless. The quality is definitely worth the build time waiting though, I must say...sooo smooth....:eek::)

7. g00eY

g00eY

Sep 17, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    they are awesome.

8. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    Haha, yup. I just made a big thread with a poll for this very topic last week!

9. Snarf

Snarf

Jan 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    I don't like Carvin, use the search, been there done that about a googleplex of times.