Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

carvin?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Tuldie, Jan 2, 2001.

1. Tuldie

Tuldie

Apr 18, 2000
    still looking for a bass amp. right now i'm focused on the ampeg BA-115. it's 100W, 15" for about $429. but i recently came across a new name to my list. it's a carvin amp. a california based company sells them factory direct. i found a 100W, 15" carvin amp for only $299 plus $20 shipping and handling. seems like a killer deal, but i can't try out the amp before i buy it. they do have a ten day money back guarantee though. they also had a 160W, 15" carvin amp for the same price as the ampeg BA-115.

anybody have any thoughts on carvins or has no one ever heard of them. what's there reputation like.

Tuldie (pronounced: tool-dee)

2. MikeyD

MikeyD

Sep 9, 2000
    It is apparent that you have both not been here long nor have tried performing a search! See that little "button" on the upper right of your screen? That's the search facility: type in "Carvin" or "Carvin amp", and I'm sure you'll get enough threads back to keep you reading for a week! Please do a bit of reading first, because many of us have discussed Carvin over and over again. Lots of good info avail. If you then have more specific questions after your reading, then, by all means, go ahead.

- Mike

P.S.: Seems to me there was a thread going as recently as a few days ago about small Carvin combo amps!

3. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    I have played on some Carvin basses and with some Carvin amps. They have always sounded good. One of my guitarist friends uses their equipment exclusively and swears by them. I have not used that paticular model that you are refering to (although I have been eyeing it on their webpage) but I recommend Carvin Equipment in general.

4. Jeffrey A-Bomb

Jeffrey A-Bomb Drink Coffee & Destroy Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2000
    Silver Spring, MD
    I have the r1000 and the redline 4x10 cab and am very happy with them.. =] Two thumbs up!