CARVINRC210+ CRATE BX215= how many watts?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Dean_CustomJazz, Mar 11, 2002.

1. Dean_CustomJazz

Dean_CustomJazz Guest

Jan 23, 2002
    If i take the carvin RC210 and add a 4 ohm Crate bx215, how many watts would be taken advantage off? never heard the ohm ratings on the RC210. Also how would i do it, would i run parellel because it is 4 ohms, or use 1 cable to a jack (once again i've never seen the back of the amp before)
  2. SRSiegel

SRSiegel Guest

Sep 17, 2001
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    you would get 500 watts, by running the two cabinets in stereo. this gives 4 ohms/side (the RC210 cabinet is 4 ohms. hence youll get 250 watts from each side of the head. this is how i set up my RC210 with my 18" cab.

you could also daisy chain the cabs so that they are in series, and run the head bridged at 500 watts, but i wouldnt reccomend it, as 500 watts is 500 watts, you lose your independant volume controls, and you hafta make a special cable.

the final thing you could do is run the two cabs in parallel off of one side of the amp. this would give you a 2 ohm load, which the R600 head can handle on each side. youd get 300 watts this way. kinda pointless though to do it that way i think.

you can run the head bi-amped, meaning that the lows go to the 215 cab, with the highs going to the 210 cab. personally i wouldnt reccomend it. i do it occasionally, but for any serious loud playing (with a band in clubs, etc.) biamp doesnt take full advantage of the 10s. the crossover is adjustable, but it doenst quite go low enough to be really useful. just stick with full range and itll be pretty easy to get a good loud sound.

so to conclude my rambling, you would just plug each cab into a seperate side of the head in back. the outputs are pretty clearly labelled "amp1" and "amp2". make sure the "bridge" button in back is NOT depressed. and you should be good to go. you can use the power amp controls on the front panel to adjust the volume of each cabinet independantly, and then use the master volume to adjust well... master volume. good luck!