1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Case for 90's Epiphone Non-Reverse Thunderbird?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by snowblinder, Apr 3, 2013.

1. I just picked up an Epiphone non-reverse Thunderbird for $200. I'm really enjoying it, it sounds and feels great and I'm planning to take it on the road with my band this summer. However, finding a hard case to fit it is proving difficult. A gig bag is out of the question as I don't trust one of those to offer any real protection. Anyone know of any manufacturers who make a case that'll fit one of these? Would the case for the reissue Gibson non-reverse work?

Thanks in advance.

2. I had one of those.

Epi used to make a case for the T-Bird (reverse) and another for the Explorer bass. The T-Bird case had a formed lower bout (sp) that would only fit the reverse Bird. The Explorer case was dimensionally identical, but had an "open" body section that allowed room for any big bodied bass. The Non-reverse I had came in one, and later I managed to get one for my Ripper.

Sad thing is, I believe it's been discontinued. The going rate for one was less than 90 bucks, and it was a very nice case.

Good luck!