Case for Eden WT800B???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jokerjkny, Feb 28, 2006.

1. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    hey all,

lookin' for a nice case or anything to transport my WT800B.

yes, i did put it in an SKB 2rack, but hated the silver on gold look of the front.

yea, call me superficial.
  2. joegeezer

Mar 9, 2005
    Northern Wisconsin
    Avatar Club#12 Eden Club Lucky# 13--USA Peavey Club#37 Carvin Club#5
    There's two on e-bay right now. One is a nice tweed one, one black carpet. 2-space head cases.
  3. thejohnkim

Sep 30, 2003
    Always thought Protec Rack Bags looked the nicest. All black and not cheap looking.

Otherwise SKB Roto's are also all black, but might be too bulky for just 2 spaces. I use a 4 space roto, and it looks nicer than my 4 space regular skb
  4. alanbass1

Feb 8, 2006
    I would use a three space rack as a minimum to help the air circulate and allow the heat to dissipate properly. A friends straight WT800 mounted in a 2U case would continually shut down at high volume until he done this and when you look at the placement of the heatsinks and cooling holes it makes sense. I use a proper flightcase (from the flightcase warehouse) for my WT800B using the lighter ABS material. It's more expensive than the SKBs etc, but they are sturdier and look the part. Also, they are more compact due to spring loaded handles etc.
  5. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

I use an Eden bag for my WT- 300 and I love it, sling it over the shoulder,
    grab the bass and go. Well padded, good handles.
  6. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    dude you are superficial - :smug:

however, not as superficial as one dude. about two years ago on e-bay some cat was selling some black carpet. bag end 1x12 cabs. He used them with eden cabs so he actually had "eden gold tone" hardware custom made for the bag ends (i.e., the 4 speaker clamps bag end uses in addition to the screws), AND had custom bag end logos made in eden yellow instead of bag end white.

Anyhow, i tell ya, after having the nifty eden gig bag for my 400, i think it would be cool if you could find some sort of gig bag "case" for the 800 to take advantage of the fact that it has removable rack ears. I would look into a Targus brand laptop case/backpack as it has a bunch of pockets. I have one and taki it on gigs all the time for my "stuff". The padding on the case helps a lot
  7. mbrain

Feb 20, 2006
    "Always thought Protec Rack Bags looked the nicest. All black and not cheap looking."

+1. I love mine--it's reasonably light but protective, and perfect for someone who hauls their own gear using a reasonable amount of care. You can find them several places via google.
  8. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    thx guys,

sorta settling on ...GASP!... a 2 space aguilar rack bag? :p
  9. mbrain

Feb 20, 2006
    "sorta settling on a 2 space aguilar rack bag?"

Perhaps things have changed, but the last time I checked, that Aguilar bag was a Protec bag with an Aguilar logo on it.
  10. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    that's what i heard,

but the protec's i've seen/owned were crazy heavy for a simple rack bag, while the aguilar 4 space bag i have now is suuper light and easier to manage. *shrug*