1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Case for Fender Jaguar Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by .:chuck:., Aug 12, 2007.

1. .:chuck:.

.:chuck:.

Jan 28, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    hey,
    i was wondering if a fender molded bass case like this would fit a jag.
    d30f_1_sbl. d37f_1_sbl.

im sure that the fender jazz bass hardshell (the rectangular one) case and other "non-fender" cases would also fit... but i really like this one! plus, i wanna stick with fender products (the rectangular case is cool too, but it's also
    $100 bucks more) . thanks for your input!

2. .:chuck:.

Jan 28, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    by the way, i think these are the ones that come with the american fender jazz & p basses

3. Jo6Pak

Jo6Pak

May 2, 2007
    If you find out, let us know...

4. smurfco

smurfco Supporting Member

Mar 16, 2007
    Stamford, CT
    I thought from the title that you'd be making the case for a Jaguar bass - as in, justifying its existance.

I want to get one sometime, do let us know how the case fits!

5. .:chuck:.

Jan 28, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    lol, i made the case for buying about 10 days ago! :bassist:
    yeah, i didn't want to drive to gc to try it out.... i wanted to buy one online for cheaper! but we'll see what happens...

6. Double Agent

Double Agent

Mar 10, 2006
    Lakeland, FL
    NICE!!!!:)

I have to wait a couple more weeks to get mine. They are the real deal though. GC is probably so sick of me playing theirs, they can't get for me to get it either.

I am also curious about the case. For the record, Fenders website lists a bunch of cases that the Jag will fit in under their specs for the Jaguar. The molded case is not one of them, all the ones Fender recommends are the rectangular style. I would still like to have someone say from experience that the Jag will/won't fit as the molded cases are far less expensive.

7. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis

Dec 11, 1999
    Toronto
    I use a generic Fender style case for my Jag and it fits perfectly. Here's a photo of it.

[​IMG]

TD

8. Warpeg

Warpeg Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2005
    Ohio
    My old Jag fit in the Fender molded case and the Fender G&G deluxe black tolex Jazz case.

9. .:chuck:.

Jan 28, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    on second thought, that case is pretty cool ...where'd you get it? how much?

10. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I crammed my Jag in a moulded case once. It's a bit on the tight side, but does fit.

I prefer a rectangular case to those anyway. You can get those awesome tolex style cases just about anywhere.

11. .:chuck:.

Jan 28, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    both are pretty cool but the G&G one is almost $100 bucks more... i'll probably get the molded case unless i can find one like the one TD has for his white jaguar.