1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Case for Ibanez SR700?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Andrew B., Sep 13, 2010.

1. Andrew B.

Andrew B.

Aug 20, 2010
    I just read some bad reviews for the case that Ibanez makes. So I'm checking here to see if anyone has suggestions for a case for the SR700.

2. danomite64

danomite64

Nov 16, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    I'm sorry, but how is 'ease of use' applicable here? Are there people out there who seriously have a hard time opening a guitar case? Every relevant category rates at least an 8 out of 10. I'd buy that case, but if you won't, Ibanez makes a wood Soundgear case, the W50SR. It'll probably cost a little more, tho. Then there's the MB5C, which is the form-fitted plastic case.

3. GregDunn

GregDunn

Jan 8, 2009
    If your use involves shipping or commercial transport, Dan's recommendations are good. I only carry my basses to/from gigs in the car and have (1) each WolfPak and Kaces foam cases for my instruments. They are certainly adequate for that use, and pretty cheap for what you get.

4. SirDarius

SirDarius

Sep 14, 2010
    Paris, France
    I've got a SR700, too, and I've bought a SKB-44 hard case (seen here: http://bit.ly/9WlWZy)

Even though it is Jazz Bass-shaped inside, my SR700 fits perfectly inside, without moving around when transporting it.

5. Andrew B.

Andrew B.

Aug 20, 2010
    Thanks. I realize now I should have mentioned that the case is not for touring. I only need it for around the house and maybe in the car. But I think I have what I need from these suggestions. The one SirDarius suggested appears to be available from Guitar Center.

Thanks for all for your help.

6. GregDunn

GregDunn

Jan 8, 2009
    SKB makes very good cases in my experience, as long as you get the newer ones. There were a few older ones that only had chunks of foam inside, not a full lining. Hopefully those are long gone.

7. HaMMerHeD

HaMMerHeD

May 20, 2005
    You may look at double-rifle cases. Most of them are reliable as hell, and they are generally inexpensive, unless you go the Pelican or SKB route. So even if you do break it, you aren't out a ton of cash.

This one has internal dimensions of 53" x 15" x 5" for the double gun version:
    http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_95084

This one is roughly the same size, molded plastic:
    http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=367281

You could measure your bass, then go to Bass Pro or Cabelas (or wal-mart even) and see if you can find something that fits.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 2, 2021