Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

case for my spector

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rynkc26, May 16, 2005.

1. rynkc26

rynkc26

Sep 22, 2004
    ive been looking for a case for my spector bass. its shaped kinda like the warwick except its a smaller body. ive seen the case spector has and have heard bad things about their cases. ive thought about the skb cases but heard the freedom ones dont fit. if anyone has had this prob w/ the spectors could give any suggestions on a good case.
    thanks

2. ale_vanlager

ale_vanlager

Jun 30, 2004
    Buffalo NY
    Hey, I don't know about his cases but the gigbag they sell is probably the sweetest one I've seen. I got one when I bought a Rex5 a while back.

3. rynkc26

rynkc26

Sep 22, 2004
    ive seen the blackkross skullplate case from coffen case, would that fit nicely?

4. I took my Spector NS2000Q5 to samash and guitar center and tried out some of the cases. I got the SKB freedom one which was also a little big but I put some foam in there so it fits perfectly. I think I tried that coffin case (is it silver with the skulls and crosses?) and it didn't fit at all.

5. Robman

Robman

Mar 19, 2004
    Sherman, Texas
    I broke down and ordered the Spector case for my Legend4 from Musician's Friend. It's a really nice, form-fitting case, although it looks kind of generic. It has enough room for cables, strap, an f/x pedal (maybe two), etc. TKL manufactures these cases for Spector and IMO, TKL make pretty nice cases. I haven't been disappointed with my case and I feel that if Spector trusts these cases for their fine instruments, then I can too. :)

6. Yeah, I also have the spector case and have used it for about 3 years now. It's a great case, fits my bass well and has plenty of room for all my cables, strap, tuner, tools, etc. The only downside is they do command a fair amount of money. I believe mine was $120 US.