1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Case questions Fender tolex vs. G&G

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fighterfire, Sep 24, 2003.

1. I apologize if this has been covered, I did search but did not find much about this. I am looking for some insight on what the differences are, if any. I just got a G&L L2K and the SKB G&L case is completely trashed. G&L offers their tolex case made by G&G for $170 direct. Pretty steep. Musician's Friend has Fender tolex P-Bass cases for $120. Are the fender tolex cases made by G&G? If not how do the two compare?

See the Fender tolex case here:
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7...0146521835/g=bass/search/detail/base_id/41789

On the bay I found some Fender tolex cases with red brick color interior and seller claims they are discontinued. Are these G&G cases? See it here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=20830&item=2560213556

What are the differences between all of these cases. Would the Fender P-Bass cases fit my G&L?

2. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    I have 3 of these casses, 1 black and 2 tan. The black case has a red interior and the tan cases have orange interiors. The black case has a fender logo on the case (old school) and the orange casses have a small fender logo under the handle. As far as any differences with the regular casses I don't know. My Roscoe Beck came in a tan G&G vintage case, My MIA DLX jazz came in a black G&G vintage cases and my 75 R.I. FSR came in a tan G&G vintage case.

3. Any other thoughts? I get the impression that the new cases that Fender has are not made by G&G i.e. the ones on Musician's Friend. Maybe it doesn't matter as they could be very good cases anyway. I am not sure about the case I saw on ebay, I wonder if that one is a G&G.