Case Questions?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Arnold, Feb 3, 2003.

1. Hi There,
    I'm looking for a case I can fly with and carry by hand. I've been led to SKB, and I saw something at musicians friend called Gator Case. Any idea's, opinions? Thanks.
  2. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    I understand that it's next to impossible to carry on your bass with the way that security is these days.

Given that the only alternative is to check in your bass and hope that the baggage handlers and the baggage machines don't drop and smash up your bass.

With that in mind I'd highly recommend a flight case. These are cases that are rated to handle the aggressive handling that occurs on air travel. This is very important if you have a bass that it extremely expensive or irreplaceble.

Flight cases can be found used, quite often. Call around to some of the music stores in your area. Another source is Ebay. I also recall seeing an ad in the back of Bass Player for a company that sells them for $99. But not sure of the quality of those. But they should be better than using an SKB or even the original hard shell case.