1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

case

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by wishforbass, Dec 21, 2016.

Tags:
  1. wishforbass

wishforbass

Jun 23, 2016
    Iran
    hi guys
    does five string use same soft case and hardcase that use for 4 string?

2. Dave W

Dave W

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    Typically

3. UNICORN BASS

UNICORN BASS

Feb 10, 2016
    Michigan USA
    Mine do.

wishforbass likes this.
  4. 2cooltoolz

2cooltoolz Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Lake Conroe, TX
    My Fenders do.

wishforbass likes this.
  5. Bob_Ross

Bob_Ross Gold Supporting Member

Dec 29, 2012
    Wait, doesn't the 5-string bass require one more case than the 4-string? I mean, this is just conjecture, I don't know for certain, 'cuz I blew all my money buying eight cases for my 8-string bass. You guys don't have all your strings individually cased?

6. LowEndOperative

LowEndOperative ✓ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ Supporting Member

Oct 8, 2013
    Michigan
    Pretty much, in the case there's enough wiggle room for the additional neck width.

7. TomB

TomB Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2007
    Vermont
    Yes, but be careful about the tuners on the treble side. The one shown in Possonby's avatar illustrates the problem perfectly. The typical gig bag may allow the headstock to rest on the tuner(s) if / when you set it down with the handle up - quite vulnerable (believe me, I've learned). This should not a problem with a hard shell case as long as the neck is secured and it doesn't slide around when closed, like it can with old worn out Fender cases.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
    wishforbass likes this.