Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

cases/bags for large basses?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by K Dubbs, Sep 4, 2002.

1. K Dubbs

K Dubbs Just graduated from OSU, Go Bucks!

Mar 16, 2002
    Toledo, Ohio
    For all you custom bass ladies/gentlemen, where in the world do you find a gig bag or a case to holster your monster bass? I am soon to be an owner of a beautiful custom bass, but I can't find a case or bag big enuf to hold it. I need something for these dimensions

45 inches long
    22 inch body length
    14 inch body width

2. BassFelt

BassFelt

Mar 26, 2002
    That link is scr*wed but it works if you copy/paste it in your browser.

3. dhuffguitars

dhuffguitars Luthier/Bass Wanker depending on your opinion

Sep 18, 2001
    SPOKANE WA
    I use a gig bag from TKL that will fit my 36" scale basses. It should fit your described bass.

4. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    The bass in the picture is 52" long tip-to-tip and 16" wide at it's widest point. I had the bag custom made by a guy who occasionally frequents Talkbass. It's a leather bag very similar to a Reunion Blues leather bag. His email is grstingraybass@aol.com. Alembic now sells them in leather and cordura at their website.

[​IMG]

My other basses are 46" and 47" long and fit in standard size bags. Summit makes a cool bag that fits basses up to 49" in length. It wears like a backpack and it includes a cool detachable "stuff" bag. http://www.guitarbackpack.com/home.htm

Happy huntin'

James

5. K Dubbs

K Dubbs Just graduated from OSU, Go Bucks!

Mar 16, 2002
    Toledo, Ohio
    ah, i love talkbass. Thanks for the help. Now my baby-to-be will have a home.