1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Cases for a GT7??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Groove Tools, Jan 5, 2004.

1. I need a hardshell case for my GT7 anyone know about one thats like 150-250?? I dont wanna pay more. thanks something that would fit.

2. mark beem

mark beem I'm alive and well. Where am I? Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Have you checked Musician's Friend?? I think they have them for about $119 ot there abouts.

3. from conklinguitars.com

4. but are those hardshell?

5. mark beem

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    They're a soft/hard shell...

Not a molded plastic case, but cloth covered plywood (?)...

You might be able to get a SKB type flightcase from Conklin, but that's gonna cost ya!!

6. yeah i think they are like 450 and up! but i guess if youre getting a case for something like one of your basses prog (5 6 thousand dollar basses) nothing else will suffice :)

7. Yeah well but my bass is a GT7 not a custom made. so Its a 1300 dollar bass. and I want a hardshell I've heard that he softshell sucks badly. do you think It will fit on a Coffin case?

8. mark beem

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    I actually use those same cases..... They're very durable and offer very good protection..

I'm careful with mine and I also don't expect to do any intensive world touring anytime soon so I stick with them.

[​IMG]

9. mark beem

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    I dont know who you've heard this from, but like I said above.. If you're moderately careful then they'll do just fine.

10. ok cool I'll probably buy one then since they are a lot cheaper than the others

11. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    $250 for a case? Yeesh i would never pay that..unless i traveled on planes a lot or somewhere where it would get damaged.