Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Cases for a GT7??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Groove Tools, Jan 5, 2004.

1. I need a hardshell case for my GT7 anyone know about one thats like 150-250?? I dont wanna pay more. thanks something that would fit.

2. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Have you checked Musician's Friend?? I think they have them for about $119 ot there abouts.

3. from conklinguitars.com

4. mark beem

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    They're a soft/hard shell...

Not a molded plastic case, but cloth covered plywood (?)...

You might be able to get a SKB type flightcase from Conklin, but that's gonna cost ya!!

5. yeah i think they are like 450 and up! but i guess if youre getting a case for something like one of your basses prog (5 6 thousand dollar basses) nothing else will suffice :)

6. Yeah well but my bass is a GT7 not a custom made. so Its a 1300 dollar bass. and I want a hardshell I've heard that he softshell sucks badly. do you think It will fit on a Coffin case?

7. mark beem

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    I actually use those same cases..... They're very durable and offer very good protection..

I'm careful with mine and I also don't expect to do any intensive world touring anytime soon so I stick with them.

[​IMG]

8. mark beem

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    I dont know who you've heard this from, but like I said above.. If you're moderately careful then they'll do just fine.

9. ok cool I'll probably buy one then since they are a lot cheaper than the others

10. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    $250 for a case? Yeesh i would never pay that..unless i traveled on planes a lot or somewhere where it would get damaged.