1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Cases for pointy basses..

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by therev, Aug 5, 2012.

1. therev

therev

Apr 28, 2012
    Pittsburgh
    I need a case for this. I really don't like coffin cases and I know that they fit in those. I just think that a bass case modeled after a cofin is kind of creepy. If coffin cases are the only thing that pointy basses will fit in then I will get one. But I am hoping that something else will work, too.

Attached Files:

2. Rip Topaz

Rip Topaz

Aug 12, 2005
    Willow Street, PA
    Beta tester for Positive Grid
    You're playing a Warlock and you think a coffin case is creepy??

3. Nev375

Nev375

Nov 2, 2010
    Missouri
    Cool bass, do you play that in Sunday worship service?

4. Gringo Starr

Gringo Starr

Apr 21, 2012
    NWI
    ^ this! :D

5. Jalon7

Jalon7

Apr 22, 2012
    Chattanooga, TN
    I have been planning on making a rectangular case with the inside formed to fit my Hondo "Warlock" style bass. I know, a case would cost more than the bass is worth, but I kinda like it.

6. Gringo Starr

Gringo Starr

Apr 21, 2012
    NWI
    well pretty much other than a BC Rich case made specifically for your bass, a Coffin Case is the generic go to case for odd shaped basses like yours. Probably are other manufacturers (Gator, Roadrunner. etc) that make cases that will fit your bass but I'm sure they will be expensive ($100+).

Or you can do like Jalon7 suggested and modify a case for your bass, which I've done before.

7. BBox Bass

BBox Bass Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2011
    NW Pennsylvania
    How about a Black Kross, though you might not be crazy about the skull pattern.

http://www.elevation-music.com/blkrskskunba.html

I bought a cheap Galveston P-style bass on Ebay that was shipped in one of these. The case weighs a ton and dwarfed the bass, so I used it instead for my Thunderbird and Warbeast-style custom.

8. gjbassist

gjbassist Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2005
    Kansas City, MO
    Agreed!

You could always by a regular case and cut the bass down to fit it!:D:bag:

9. KramerBassFan

KramerBassFan

Jan 3, 2009
    I've seen that done to rics. :eek::hyper:

10. darkstorm

darkstorm

Oct 13, 2009
    warlock basses are allready rather long. Coffin cases often just add extra uneeded length. coffin case plus warlock bass then ussually equals stupid long hard to fit in car. Wait till you can get a rectangular bc rich case for it. Till then the deluxe bc rich bass gig bag is best choice imo.

11. therev

therev

Apr 28, 2012
    Pittsburgh
    Well, i got the Warlock because some kid on Craigslist, offered to trade me it for my Ibanez GSR 200. Its not the bass that is creepy to me, only the coffin case. I think they are cool.

No, I don't play it in Sunday worship service. I do not have a congregtion to pastor, yet. The church I currently go to does not have that style of worship music. Its organ and hymns.