Cases that fit the 55-01?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ODDBALL, Jun 16, 2005.

ODDBALL Supporting Member

Mar 2, 2005
    Salida, CA
    Can somebody recomend a Good hardshell case for me? I went to GC today and the people over there have no clue on what they are talking about. I wanted to slap them! Thank you. :help:
  2. bino

bino Supporting Member

Jun 27, 2002
    Orange County
    I had a Scheff 5 that fit just fine with a little room to spare in an SKB-44 hsc.
  3. ErnieD

Nov 25, 2004
    I just went to GC and got a Freedom brand case for my 55-01. I got one of thier typical "Great Sales" flyers in the mail and I saw they had these cases on sale. Your right they don't know squat. I called to ask if the case on sale would hold a 35" 5-er, they couldn't say. So next day I just took my 55-01 in its soft case to the store, of course they will want to have you check it in at the door, but just sign in and take it to the bass section. I got mine on sale price, around 70 bucks and I had a $20 gift card that I got for my b'day, so I scored it for bout 50 bucks. What he brought out was a SKB-like case, my bass slipped right in, perfectly, even made the sales slug smile at how good it fit. Thats my .02, give it a try. Of course you can spend more to buy better but this one works alright so far.