1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Cases

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by Kat_Mia, May 19, 2004.

1. Kat_Mia

Kat_Mia Guest

May 7, 2004
    Dorset, UK
    There wasn't a suitable place to put this so I shoved it in here. Sorry if it is in the wrong place. :rolleyes:

I've just brought a Rockbag Classic double bass case from Ebay (picture in link below) and can throughly recommend them. :D

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=16222&item=3724355980&rd=1

I'm not sure how easy they are to find or whether they're popular but they are VERY good. ;) The pictures do not do it justice at all. The one I brought for my double bass was full size, the one in link above is 3/4 size. I found it very hard to find a case like that for full size and think I was very lucky to find one as good a quality as the Rockbag. :D

The lining is superb, all velvety with extra leather patches where that added protection is needed. :D There is also a thick pocket/holder inside the bow pocket to make sure that the bow doesn't get damaged in transit. :D Also, for the price (mine was £50), I thought that was fantastic. Other cases I'd looked at were £100-£150!! :eek:

Well, I'll be off now. Just thought I'd tell you about my fabby new case. I have a gig tonight so will be showing it off! Bye for now. Take care all. With love, Kat xx :bassist: