SOLD Cash for Gas Drive Continued: MIJ Fernandes Jazz Bass Green (metallic sea foam?)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by rogerbmiller, Mar 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rogerbmiller

rogerbmiller Gold Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    If you have noticed some of my other listings, you might have seen references to GAS. Yes, I have a lot of it these days.

What am I doing about it you ask? Selling some old stuff to make room for the new.

What else might I be listing soon? Well you will have to stay tuned to find out, since that is a bit of a moving target. But on to the bass at hand...

I am listing here a MIJ Fernandes Jazz bass in a light green some might refer to as seafoam, which it can resemble in certain lighting. It has a subtle metallic finish as many of these MIJ Ferdies did. Pretty much a 60's J bass inspired replica down to the vintage low profile frets and copper grounding wire connecting bridge and rear pickup with the only real difference being the headstock.

For those of you who have no experience these are a blast to play. True to their inspiration in looks, vibe and tone, but easier to play and lighter weight.

This one has some dings in the finish here and there as pictured below but most are hidden from your audience and the bass is overall in great shape.

My asking price is $ SOLD shipped CONUS. You will notice that the jazz style knobs were replaced with precision style dome knobs. I can gladly replace these with Fender Jazz knobs before shipping if you prefer. No case but I pack bomb proof.

I consider these basses to be great MIJ quality at below MIM Fender prices and those lurking around who have played them will surely agree.

Pics below. Thanks for looking and please PM with any questions or best offers.

RBM

2. xhawk5

xhawk5 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Palm Coast, Florida
    Pm'd

3. madbassplaya

madbassplaya

Dec 28, 2007
    i was going to buy this bass from Roger but grad school is sucking the gear fund dry.

trust me people. MIJ Ferdies are amazing basses. This will kill any Fender in this price range and some above it.

Roger is also a stand up guy as well, packs bombproof, and ships fast.

4. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    PM replied...

5. JRN

JRN Supporting Member

Aug 4, 2010
    CO 80443
    Year of manufacture? Please.

6. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Based on the sn I believe it is a 1992 but Fernandes has been unresponsive to my inquiries about the matter.

7. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    For all you spec hounds who may be interested, I was asked to measure the neck at the heel. It measures 2.5 inches exactly.

Thanks.

Roger

8. madbassplaya

madbassplaya

Dec 28, 2007
    how is this still here?

9. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    LOL. I was wondering the same thing.

Offers are welcome. Would be a shame to give ebay my business.

10. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    This is now on hold pending payment...

11. madbassplaya

madbassplaya

Dec 28, 2007
    congrats roger!

12. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    SOLD.

13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 5, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.