Casio Keyboard with Demo song I'm looking for

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by DaveCustomMade, Apr 27, 2005.

1. Does anyone know what model of Casio keyboard had the Demo song, "I love you just the way you are"? If so, I'd like to buy it. I had one as a youngster, but would like to find another one.. . . . . . yes, just for the demo. It was fun switching through the different options while the demo was running.

Hope you can help!

2. Okay, "I love you just the way you are" isn't the title name. I did a search and it wasn't the song. I'm at a loss as to how I can explain it. :(
  3. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    That's good, though - now we can narrow down the search to Casio keyboards that DON'T have "I Love You Just the Way You Are" as a demo.
  4. Eli M.

Eli M. Life's like a movie, write your own ending

Jul 24, 2004
    New York, NY
    There is a Billy Joel song called "Just the Way You Are." Maybe that's the song you're thinking of?
  5. Yes, that's the song. I just found a midi site that had it on there. Now I just need to find out what keyboard had that song on it.

The keyboard was rather small, had two speakers, had the myriad of sounds and beat options, circa late 1980's, there abouts.
  6. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    That also narrows it down considerably. :D
  7. I edited the above post. It IS the Billy Joel song.
  8. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Just to prove that I'm actually contributing to this discussion, here is a link about a Yamaha that had that song on an expandable card.

EDIT: More Google searching shows that the "Casio CZ" series name keeps popping up, though I don't have any solid hits. Check those out on eBay or Google them to see if those are the keyboards you're looking for.

9. I appreciate all the help you can muster, SuperDuck! :)
  10. wingnutkj

Mar 27, 2003
    My sister had a keyboard that had that song as the demo track, but she had a Casio and a Yamaha, and I can't remember which one it was. I'll ask her...

11. Thank you, wingnutk! It COULD have been a Yamaha. I just remember Casio for some reason. :oops:
  12. PolkaHero

Jan 5, 2002
    YAMAHA PSS-270.

Bought mine new in 1988 with the Billy Joel "Just The Way You Are" demo. I think I paid around $100. Sold it a couple years ago on Ebay for about $350! Apparently there is a demand for theses "vintage" keyboards. Here's some current auctions:

Auction 1

Auction 2

Good luck finding one!
  13. When it is playing the demo, can you switch the voicing and the beat style [reggae, waltz, etc. ] as well as the speed, all while the song is still playing, making the song sound different?

Also, I remember that while it was playing the demo, it would cycle through the different sounds every two measures or so. Even if the voicing was some type of drum or 'non-instrument' type sound.

Does this Yamaha do this, or does it just play the demo song?

14. PolkaHero

Jan 5, 2002

If I remember correctly, you are able to change both the sounds and the rhythms while the demo was playing. You could also change the tempo. However, the unit will still change the sounds every couple of measures even with your own manipulations.

Any particular reason you're so obsessed with this toy keyboard? Glad to be of help, though!

15. I just remember how much of a kick I'd get out of it when it would switch through the different sounds. Perhaps it's silly of me, but it is kind of a part of my youth that was fond. I'd sit and play with that demo for quite a while. :meh: Of course, I was kind of a geek then. . . . .
  16. I have a Casio keyboard at home, it was probably purchased in the mid-90s. I have no idea what the demo tune is called, but if you have a link to the midi file of what you're looking for, I can compare it when I go home later.

17. Thanks, but I'm beginning to believe that it was a Yamaha after all.

However, here's a link address to what it sounds like:

Just the way you are
  18. Okay, I'm waffling a bit here. After looking closer at the pictures of the PSS-270, I'm beginning to think that it WASN'T the Panasonic after all. The Panasonic may have the same song demo, but I'm thinking, once again, that it was a Casio keyboard. :confused:
  19. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    I had one of those! It was a Casio, but what model I can't remember. It had little plastic beginner keys, was white, and wasn't very big. I remember the demo like it was yesterday, though.
  20. Mine is a Casio WK-1200, and neither of the 2 demo tunes are what you're looking for, if that helps at all.