Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Cassanova: Where are you???!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by jazzbo, Mar 5, 2003.

1. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Anyone heard from our good old Mama Cassita? His last post was 4/2/03.

He's on my AOL buddy list, and he hasn't been listed as "signed on" for probably just as long.

2. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    jazzbo...I've an old phone number for him (his parents house actually...), I'll try to contact him tonight, see if he's ok. I'll post tomorrow with a report.

3. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    I was wondering the same actually.

4. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Cool, thanks Gard. (How are you incidentally?)

I forgot to mention, I sent Cass and email about 2 weeks ago, and haven't received a response.

5. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Last I talked to him on AIM, he just said he had personal stuff to deal with, which is why he had me take over co-modding strings for him...

6. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    No sweat, dunno if I'll actually get any kind of answer though.

(I'm alive, breathing, and still hopeful for a happy resolution of my situation - "Never say die")

7. Jay

Jay

Oct 19, 2000
    Bidwell, OH
    Good question. I've been co-modding Bassists with him, but lately it's been just me. I figured he was here but I never ran into him because I hardly get on AIM anymore. Hope everything's alright.

BTW, nice to see you're alive Gard. :D I've been wanting to call up BC but haven't really had a chance lately. I need to call Trip too! Dang, I'm falling behind... :(

8. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    Yeah, it's nice to be alive... ;)

Call anytime man, just don't be offended if I can't chat, been busy here lately!

Just talked to the Tripster a couple days ago, he was getting ready to leave for Germany for the Music Messe (sp?)...as always he's a nutcase, but it's a good kinda nutcase! :D

9. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    You talked to Dr. John???!!!!

Oh wait, that's the "Night Tripper." My bad.

10. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I've been wondering where Mama C was at myself. Hope that everything is well with him.

11. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Hmm...I was wondering about Cass today while I was at work. I guess I'll have to remember to ask Gard if he called when we get to Atlanta.

12. stephanie

stephanie

Nov 14, 2000
    Scranton, PA
    Wouldn't that be 2/4/03? So that's not really that long ago....Hmmm, I haven't talked to him in ages on AIM it seems, but he last PMed me around Christmas-time. Hope everything is ok. :)

EDIT: Come to think of it, I suppose a month is rather long for a moderator not to post. :meh:

13. What happened to Eric Cameron? I havn't seen him post since around the holidays or so. :confused:

14. stephanie

stephanie

Nov 14, 2000
    Scranton, PA
    According to his profile, he last posted on Feb. 28th.

15. I guess I just never saw his posts anywhere. :meh:

16. Chris A

Chris A Chemo sucks!

Feb 25, 2000
    Manchester NH

I've gone a month without posting:D .
    But for me that's not so unusual.

Chris A.:rolleyes: :bassist:

17. Jay

Jay

Oct 19, 2000
    Bidwell, OH
    I think I know where he is. I received a PM from Cass awhile back asking me to keep an extra eye on the forum as he had some things to tend to at the time that prevented him from keeping a steady contact with our online community. The date sent was 2-3-03...I didn't realize that at the time I replied to this thread.

I know someone is gonna check TB and post pics and such from the Atlanta Shindig, so someone there ask Gard if he called Cass. Please report back to me in PM or AIM or something.

I'm sorry to be vague, but I have a little inside information that I'm not sure Cass wants spread around else he would have posted instead of PMing me. If I hear a report or anything, I'll be sure to let everyone know.

Peace.

18. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    I've always preferred the European "day-month-year" format. It just makes more sense to me.

19. stephanie

stephanie

Nov 14, 2000
    Scranton, PA
    Oh, I see, lol, because when I first looked at your post and saw 4/2 (ignoring the /03) I thought you meant he hasn't posted since last April, so in my quickness to worry I didn't realize that I should have remembered him sending me the PM back in December and didn't think at all that you meant February. :)

20. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    Word :)