cast some light on my fretboard

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by mulooga, Jun 30, 2004.

1. mulooga

Jun 30, 2004
    hi all, im new here :hyper: i wanted to know if anyone knows of some kind of small light i can attach to my bass so i can see my fretboard easier in low light, is there a company that makes em for guitars?

2. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    I know I've seen them (possibly in Musician's Friend?) but I don't remember much about them. If I can remember correctly, they attach to the headstock and shine down the fretboard.
  3. yup-

also there are "impermeable spotlight" LED lights intended for aquariums that you could use-
    I got a couple from maplin and put them on my pedalboard, run off the 9v supply.
  4. mulooga

Jun 30, 2004
    thanx guys, im gonna check that out :bassist:
  5. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    You might want to consider luminescent paint for your side markers. There's another thread here about that, recommending a specific product.

Also, I'd really suggest that you practice in the dark and learn to find your way around the neck by feel. It really helps with a pro appearance if you aren't staring at your neck while you play. My guitarist complains all the time when the lights are dim, and I have no problem at all since I stopped looking at the neck years ago. Just a friendly suggestion.