Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

cast some light on my fretboard

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by mulooga, Jun 30, 2004.

1. mulooga

mulooga

Jun 30, 2004
    hi all, im new here :hyper: i wanted to know if anyone knows of some kind of small light i can attach to my bass so i can see my fretboard easier in low light, is there a company that makes em for guitars?

peace
    looga

2. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    I know I've seen them (possibly in Musician's Friend?) but I don't remember much about them. If I can remember correctly, they attach to the headstock and shine down the fretboard.

3. yup-
    www.fretlord.com

also there are "impermeable spotlight" LED lights intended for aquariums that you could use-
    I got a couple from maplin and put them on my pedalboard, run off the 9v supply.

4. mulooga

mulooga

Jun 30, 2004
    thanx guys, im gonna check that out :bassist:

5. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    You might want to consider luminescent paint for your side markers. There's another thread here about that, recommending a specific product.

Also, I'd really suggest that you practice in the dark and learn to find your way around the neck by feel. It really helps with a pro appearance if you aren't staring at your neck while you play. My guitarist complains all the time when the lights are dim, and I have no problem at all since I stopped looking at the neck years ago. Just a friendly suggestion.