1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Casters for BagEnd

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by StoutXXX, Sep 4, 2008.

1. My 2x10 is small...and very heavy. Which equals hard to move. What are some good casters that wont tear up on the installation but are decent in size,quality and possibly removable?

2. JGR

JGR The "G" is for Gustav Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 29, 2006
    Maryland
    President, CEO, CFO, CIO, Chief Engineer, Technician, Janitor - Reiner Amplification
    +1 on the mesa tracklok. other companies make similar ones.

JR

3. What kind of material is your cab made of? If it's plywood, go ahead and screw/drill your castors on. If your cab is made of MDF or a particle core (which I doubt - MDF most likely) DO NOT screw castors onto your rig. MDF does not take screws very well. Kinda like drilling and screwing into drywall without using anchors.

Anyways, I would look for castors at least 3.5/4" overall height. The smaller castors may be cheaper, but may not last long with outdoor transportation usage. I'm using 4" med/heavy duty castors because I push my rig around on uneven surfaces (sidewalks, driveways, parking lots) and push it thru snow/slush and such.

4. Yea I kinda dig the heavy duty feel of the mesa caster. I wanted to see if anyone would bring them up! Might just do that.