Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Casters on Ampeg SVT 410 HLF

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by sincity, Mar 12, 2003.

1. sincity

sincity

Oct 16, 2002
    Connecticut
    Has anybody installed casters on their cab? I love the cabinet, but the current caster setup does not work for me.

I know how to install casters, but wanted to know if their was enough clearance when I drill through.

Also, any tone differences playing with the casters left in when playing on stage?

Thanks for your input.

2. jcadmus

jcadmus

Apr 2, 2000
    There's tons of threads on this subject.

But to answer your question, I use a mover's dolly -- got it at Home Depot for about $30.

I like the way my cabs sound coupled to the floor, without wheels under them.

3. sincity

sincity

Oct 16, 2002
    Connecticut
    But to answer your question, I use a mover's dolly -- got it at Home Depot for about $30.

I really don't like dollys. I would like to put on removable casters. That way, I can take them off when playing.

4. http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=71571&highlight=casters

Do whatever syrups your pancakes.
    :)

5. BTBbassist

BTBbassist join us for mankala hour!

Apr 20, 2002
    Westlake Village, CA
    I can't tell you the answer your looking for, but I may have another suggestion:

I didn't want to bring a big ole dolly to every show, so I just welded together a steel frame to fit around the bottom of the cab, and attached big locking casters to the bottoms of that. I used right angle pieces, so the cab fits snugly, and won't fall off. I left it open on the front so it didn't cover the ports. I just push it from the front, not the back.

It's solid as a rock, and heavy as one too :)
    It works great though, and I didn't have to drill into my beloved HLF. You could use plywood too...

Anyway. :cool: