Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Casters

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by SLiGhTLy_STooPiD, Apr 8, 2001.

1. Can't you just go to a hardware store and get some casters?
    Will the screws of the casters harm anything? (speakers??)
    How can one go about putting some casters on an amp?

wasn't sure if this should be in amps or not..

2. I did that for my old Peavey before I sold it. I got tired of having to get someone to help me carry it everywhere b/c it had the rubber bottoms so I went to the my local hardware store and got 4 casters and made the hole and put em on.. No harm done! It only made everything slightly easier!

3. yawnsie

yawnsie

Apr 11, 2000
    London
    Didn't you post something about this in a thread in Amps? Anyway, you should have just put it up and let me deal with it - Oysterman's away, so I've got the forum to myself. :)

(Please, someone give me something to do - if you're reading this Fieldy Rulez, come and let me administer a smackdown!!! :D)

4. ...wow... Are you THAT bored? go help cure cancer! http://www.ud.com

5. yawnsie

yawnsie

Apr 11, 2000
    London
    Oh, thanks kick - I wonder where you got that link from? :confused:;)

I'm not really bored, but I'm a power-hungry egomaniac - so far, everyone in amps has pretty much respected mah authoritah, so I haven't been able to abuse my position yet. :D

6. Ohhh.. I see... I feel I should be a moderator.. lol j/k. Seniority means poop.. :D I'm too nice to be a mod.. :) hehehe

7. it could conceivably hurt the resale value, and some say the amp sounds weaker when separated from the ground by wheels. i would get one of those collapsible dollies.