Cat has been missing

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Freaky Fender, Apr 3, 2003.

1. My cat Miles has been missing for the past 3 days, and we fear the worst. He's 13 years old, so it was only a matter of time. MY family has called every pound in the town, with no luck, now all we can do is sit and wait... :(
  2. I can only hope he comes back to you.

3. i hope you find him. good luck:(
  4. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    I hope you get your cat back. :( My cat makes my life so enjoyable.
  5. He's maybe just gone walkabout - we've had cats disappear for several days, up to a week sometimes.

I hope Miles comes back safe and well!:)
  6. i hope things work out for the best:(
  7. Zon Bass

Zon Bass

Jan 20, 2002
    Dallas, TX
    If it doesn't come back then you can always have my cat. He is very overweight and hates people but he can be nice. :D
  8. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
  9. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    Good luck, I hope the cat returns to you.

When I was young, we had a cat disappear for about two years, then one day it was at the back door, looking for food! Shocked all of us!

May you have the same good fortune.
  10. :( I hope your cat comes back dude.
  11. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    man that really sucks :(

well, i don't want to bum you our even more, but i had to put three of my cats to sleep earlier this year. all three within a months time. my old lady and i decided with one of them (we were the closest to Trek), that we would be with him when they put him to sleep. that was really hard to do - he was a really cool cat - he and the ferret were really close. :(

i feel for you man, hang in there :(
  12. DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    That's sad:( Was he an outdoor cat?
  13. slugworth

slugworth Banned

Jun 12, 2003
    So. Calif.
    I lost my favorite cat a week ago. He would go out in the morning and come back around in the afternoon and then I would lock him in for the night. It's been a week and nothing. I've walked about 25 miles looking, calling, talking to all of the neighbors and posting a flyer with a generous reward...Last time I lost one, we found remains. It was the work of a pack of rabid raccoons. This time, nothing. I'm destroyed. Maybe a coyote, but they rarely get bigger than 25lbs here. My cat was over 15lbs. He even had a collar with my phone number.
    This really sucks.

14. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Now wouldn't be a good time for a "I had the same thing happen" story that ends bad.

He'll come back when he is really hungry.

15. slugworth

slugworth Banned

Jun 12, 2003
    So. Calif.
    >>> I hope so, but he's fixed and has never done this before. I could just about set my watch by his routine. Something happened to him, caused by either a human or an animal.
    Possibly raccoons again. I've got my traps set, but nothing so far. I hope you're right MJ.

16. Mike Shevlin

Mike Shevlin

Feb 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    This will work if your cat is still in the area. Take his dirty litter and spread it out in front of your house and in back also. I know it sounds gross but your cat will know his scent and it will carry for miles. I lost a cat for a week and tried this and he was back in one day. Let us know when you find him.
    Good Luck
  17. slugworth

slugworth Banned

Jun 12, 2003
    So. Calif.
    >>> Absolutely brilliant!!! You are a genius!! I'll try that
    tonight, if my wife didn't throw out the litter...I have another cat but they shared the same litter box. Do think he would recognize my other cat's scent too?

18. slugworth

slugworth Banned

Jun 12, 2003
    So. Calif.
    >>> Mike, if this works and my cat comes home, I will reward you handsomely..

Thanks again

19. Corbis

Corbis Guest

Feb 19, 2003
    Wamego KS
    I live out in the country and I had a cat that disappered. I thought that a bobcat or a coyote got him like so many other cats. But a YEAR later he was one day at our front door. Oddly enough after that he meowed a lot.

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Harry did you find him yet?.