Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Cat in X-Mass tree

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bill h, Dec 22, 2003.

1. bill h

bill h

Aug 31, 2002
    small town MN
    My daughters cat will not stay out of the tree. The thing knocks off bulbs and messes up the lights.:mad:

Help me!!!!

How do I get it to stop?

2. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
  3. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Lots of cat nip?

4. Joey3313

Joey3313

Nov 28, 2003
    AK-47

We simply put a barrier of presents around the tree...and also we have a plastic one which isn't as tasty....or so I've heard.

5. I second the AK.

6. bill h

bill h

Aug 31, 2002
    small town MN

:D :D

I wish.....My daughter would kill me for Christmas:eek: :bawl: :bawl:

7. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

You can solve this problem simply by giving cat fur lined gloves to someone special this Christmas.

8. Prahainspring

Prahainspring

Oct 22, 2002
    New Jersey
    4:00am a couple years ago...we heard this huge crash in the living room. We find our Christmas tree broken with all the Bulbs and garlin frayed on the ground and the cat sleeping on top of it. I swear, if he does it again i'm thowing him out the window. He likes to open the presents too which makes the holidays a lot less fun. But on the plus side, he's gotten' old and doesn't do these things anymore.

9. bill h

bill h

Aug 31, 2002
    small town MN
    I really hope it does not get that bad...

Your story did make me feel better. :cool:

10. Barbed wire , that god damn can't won't be going anywhere !

11. my ferret does the same thing!

he climps up and knocks the candy canes off and tries to eat them. i simply dont let him in the living room anymore though, as the sugar could kill him if he were to get into it :(

12. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio! Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    Okay, the first thing the cat doesn't want you to know: cats hate citrus--the smell, the taste, etc. Orange, grapefruit, tangerine, lemon, lime, whatever. Somehow they don't get scurvy, but that's another topic.

So get some citrus-scent air freshener and spray the bottom perimeter of the tree. If the cat persists inclimbing into the tree, spray some more. Don't let him or her think they can win this battle.

13. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    Get some if that sour apple spray for animals, they hate it. You spray it on things you don't want animals getting into. And a well placed stream of water from a squirt gun always works for cats, but watch it around electricity.

14. bingo!

i have some of that i used when training my ferret (no biting, poop in litter box, etc) and it really works wonders. he used to liek to attack your feet while walking, so i sprayed some on the socks i was wearing. he jumped out and took a nibble and went crazy when he tasted it. now he will walk along with you, but wont attack you :D

15. And I thought this was going to be a picture of a cute kitty in a Christmas tree. :rolleyes:

Whatever happened to all the pirate kittys?

Mike

16. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    :'O( I had a cat named Jimmella (was Jim until we discovered it was fenale) that always hid in the tree..sadly, it went missing mid summer aliong with 2 other cats and hasnt been back since (one of the 3 missing returned about 2 weeks ago).

17. Zon Bass

Zon Bass

Jan 20, 2002
    Dallas, TX
    Cats hate citrus, so a little lemon juice should do the trick.

18. Joey3313

Joey3313

Nov 28, 2003
    Screw garland, put barbed wire on the tree!
    It wouldn't even look that bad...

19. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio! Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    Who is Barb Dwyer and why do some people want to put her on the tree?

20. Joey3313

Joey3313

Nov 28, 2003
    *insert witty remark here*