1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Cat invasion in my apartment.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Blazer, Jan 1, 2012.

1. Blazer

Blazer

Nov 27, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Rogue luthier employed at Knooren Handcrafted bass guitars
    Well, as some of you might recall from earlier threads, I am a Cat man and my loyal red tabby simply called "Red" has been my buddy in lonely days in between girlfriends.

Anyway, three years ago a stray came walking into my parents' yard, who my mother quickly named "Spookie" because of her tendency to vanish as quickly as a ghost. Spookie stayed with us and mothered two litters of four Kittens each but nine cats proved a little too much for my mom to handle, so she called in the Humane society to take them away but during the hunt to get them all there, two of Spookie's daughters evaded capture.

Mom decided to keep the two naming them "Snoopy" and "Shewey" and both ladies have discovered the cat flap I have so Red can walk in and out of my place and ever since then, I frequently get visits from either one but this time I had them both coming over.

100_1718.
    Red, Snoopy (at the back) and Shewey.

100_1719.

Now one of the reasons why both lady cats keep visiting my place is because they know I always have left overs and today was no different, I had some of the chicken in mushroom sauce I ate yesterday left, which they accepted kindly, note also Red who like a true gentleman let the ladies eat in peace.
    100_1720.

2. waleross

waleross

Nov 27, 2009
    South Florida
    Suffice it to say that my family and myself had cats for over 30 years, don't have any right now. My original cat live to be 22 years old due to my care. Judging by your pics , you need to trim the herd just to live in that apt. If the others are just "visitors" then fine but I would just keep the Tabby who looks to be the best one and most likely the one you love the most. Cats are a tough habit to break, I would rather feed strays than take any in at this time. Good luck to you ....:)

3. Too many felines in your home can be a catastrophe.

4. Unrepresented

Unrepresented Something Borderline Offensive

Jul 1, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    I don't see what you did there.:ninja:

Quick question/request:

Even if they're just visitors, you should make sure they're spayed.

5. Blazer

Blazer

Nov 27, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Rogue luthier employed at Knooren Handcrafted bass guitars
    They are. My mom made sure of that.