Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Cat Pee

Discussion in 'Off Topic [DB]' started by Joe Taylor, Feb 4, 2003.

1. Joe Taylor

Joe Taylor

Dec 20, 2001
    Tracy CA
    perhaps this should be in the hummor section but it ain't funny to me.

My wife collects cats we have 4 of the little darlings right now which is about 3 too many.

One got left in the other night and he peed in my hat--my $50 keep my ears warm hat. Now I want to make him in to a hat. But my wife wont let me.

Any of you know how to the get the smell of cat pee out of anything.

Yes, I did find out the hard way when I put the hat on and notice a "funny" smell.

It ain't funny or perhaps it is when I think of it.

Joe

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Cats are made by the devil :mad: :p

My ex-roommate's cat chewed through 100$s worth of instrument cables and even once managed to disable our phone system.

What material is the hat made of?

3. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Billie Mays has a wonderful product made to clean up just about anything! OXICLEAN

Try lysol?

4. Simple Solution - this stuff really works - I should have bought stock in the company when one of my cats became ill. It's as good as Nature's Miracle, but at about half the price.

- Wil

5. Joe Taylor

Joe Taylor

Dec 20, 2001
    Tracy CA
    Some kind of special dry clean only stuff. I had things dry cleaned with cat pee in them and I can still smell it.

I'm starting to hate cats!

Joe

6. Joe Taylor

Joe Taylor

Dec 20, 2001
    Tracy CA
    I did not do a thing to make him mad He was just left inside the nice warm house at night. I found him sleeping in the chair next to my bass. I guess I should be glad he did not hit my bass case or the bass it's self.

Oh yes he was "fixed" as a kitten but it does not seem to slow him down much. We've had him for 12 years now and his water tricks are getting old.

Refrences to my wifes viola case have been removed because she saw what I sugested.

This cat has a history once my mother-in-law chase him around the hous shooting rubber bands at him. We told her she should not do that but she said that he was just a dumb old cat and not smart enough to do anything about it. He got right in her suite case and pee'd about a gallon right in front of her. Now I thought that was funny.

7. Damon Rondeau

Damon Rondeau Journeyman Clam Artist Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2002
    Winnipeg, baby
    ...well I've lived with 'em all my life and they're not that easy to figure. Remember the old underground comic The Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers? Fat Freddy's cat craps in his headphones to get back at him. Some cats are like that, I've met one or two.

Seriously, in the past I've gotten some stuff from a vet nearby that specializes in cats. It's not that expensive (less than 10 buck for a little spritzer), and it's wicked at neutralizing the odour. Wish I could tell ya what it's called, but I don't got no more...

Pisser about the hat, man.

8. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    Dogs apparently ain't much better...my friend Bob Harrison (ex- Joe Farrell, Airto & Flora, etc., great bassist) just dropped off his DB at the luthier's for a tuneup. When he went to pick it up, he found that the luthier's dog had busted into the shop and used the tailpiece for an upscale chew toy.
    They're all just beasts, and you gotta love 'em, but they can really find ways to yank yer crank sometimes.

9. Keep the bloody cat outdoors. Teenagers are the only animal that should be kept inside the house and at times I ain't so sure about that.

Steve

10. Joe Taylor

Joe Taylor

Dec 20, 2001
    Tracy CA
    When I was young and tried to stay inside too much my mom would run me outside with the phrase "dogs and boys belong outside" she knew what she was talking about.

The cat is outside when I home now but my wife lets him in when I'm not here. Refrences to my wifes viola case have been removed because she saw what I sugested.

11. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    The teenager thing is funny, but I think the lesson to learn is "Keep things you don't want peed on away from animals that pee".

Something like that.:D

12. pkr2

pkr2

Apr 28, 2000
    coastal N.C.
    To get the smell of cat piss out of your hat: find either a pine or a cedar tree and pull off enough of the needles to fill the hat. Fill the hat with the needles and sprinkle the juice of a lemon on the needles. Put the hat, needles, lemon juice and all into a plastic bag- close the bag securely and let it set in a dark place for a week to ten days.

Then burn the whole mess! You ain't gonna get the stink out!

13. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    Or, you could put the hat on the cat, the cat in the bag, and the bag in the dark place for 7-10 days, then go buy a new hat.

14. Joe Taylor

Joe Taylor

Dec 20, 2001
    Tracy CA
    Refrences to my wifes viola case have been removed because she saw what I sugested.
    Joe