1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Catalinbread Hedonic Treadmill. Coming soon?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by speak_onion, Aug 12, 2007.

1. speak_onion

speak_onion

Jun 22, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Ok, so this filter pedal looks fracking ill.
    http://www.catalinbread.com/pedals.html

It says that it comes out 11/11/11, but that can't be for real, right? Do we think it's coming out this year? Google offers only links to threads where people seem to think it's coming soon, but have nothing to back that up. If anyone knows for real whether this filter will be available anytime soon, I'd appreciate it.

On my board right now, I have a Boss AW3, and I'm not satisfied. I think the sound is pretty weak, especially when I compare to my Ashdown Env Filter. Not that the Ashdown is so great, but that's my point; the Boss is weak. I keep it on though, because I need the different modes. I need the LFO modulated wah, in addition to trigger wah in both directions, and the set wah. This Hedonic Treadmill is perfect. It's got the EF in both directions, set mode, LFO with variable waveforms, plus sample and hold filter, which I imagine is like the robotalk. Sweet! So anyway, I need one, ASAP, and I'm wondering how much time I have to save up for it, because I'm sure it will be pricey.

2. Nils

Nils

Oct 9, 2006
    Stockholm, Sweden
    That pedal looks awesome! I'm buying an Ibanez aw7 second hand tomorrow, just to see if I can apply an auto-wah in the band. If so, I will probably upgrade, and this is a strong competator!

3. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    yeah i saw that and wondered if the release date was for real too. it looks cool. i'd love to check one out.

4. I'm going to buy it just because you said "ill" :D

Seriously though... I want their Semaphore trem.

5. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    I know Nic from Catalinbread personally and while we haven't discussed this I don't think it will be soon but the release date on the website isn't right either. I'll see if I can ask him about it when I next talk to him.

In the mean time check out the subdecay prototype filter that's gonna be killer but thats not going to be finished for a while either

6. speak_onion

speak_onion

Jun 22, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Yeah, I came across the Subdecay Monster prototype while I was researching the Treadmill. I found even less information about that. There were rumours that it would have a s/h mode, though. I listened to the sound sample and I sort of liked it, although I couldn't really tell whether I loved it because the playing style in the clip was really (REALLY) different from mine.

7. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Not to mention it was on guitar as well ;)

8. speak_onion

speak_onion

Jun 22, 2007
    Queens, NY
    I emailed Catalinbread to ask about the release date, and he responded with the following:

"I don't think it will be that long of a wait. But it may be next spring.

N"

I think that's long!

It's cool. I'll keep my eyes open for a filter that has all the modes I need while I'm waiting, but my Ashdown is a good enough stop-gap for now.

I should probably start setting aside money now, though, because I bet this beast is going to cost!

9. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Yeah I spoke to him and he said it won't be anytime soon.

Also spoke to Subdecay and he just said he's trying to get through this week :p

10. almix12

almix12

Apr 3, 2008
    is there any update on this? Has it been produced?
    edit: subscribed

11. whoatherechunk

whoatherechunk

Apr 4, 2008
    i'm guessing the prometheus took its place?

12. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2006
    Northern California
    Prometheus = Subdecay not Catalinbread.

Of course, the link in the OP now gives a 404 so who knows? It may have been shelved indefinitely.

13. whoatherechunk

whoatherechunk

Apr 4, 2008
    whoooops. **** me sideways. hmmmm. who knows then.

14. almix12

almix12

Apr 3, 2008
  15. Chronicle

Chronicle

Sep 13, 2006
    NY
    mmm looks nice. Sounds a lot like the Prometheus though.

16. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    I doubt you'll see this any time soon. Catalinbread have some other, way cooler, things coming out.

17. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Like Catalincookies? Catalintortillas?

18. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Duh, no - Catalinburrito's. Ariba!

19. whoatherechunk

whoatherechunk

Apr 4, 2008
    haha. man....i haven't even heard of any cool stuff from catalinbread recently. i guess i missed the boat.

20. dannybuoy

dannybuoy

Aug 3, 2005
    England
    Original link seems to have been taken down. Gah, another cool filter WITHOUT an expression pedal input!