Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Catalinbread Pedals

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Evilash, May 26, 2005.

1. Evilash

Evilash

Mar 12, 2004
    Has anyone tried the Teaser Stallion or SuperCharged Overdrive pedals from Catalinbread? How are they on bass? I"m going to be getting a Picoso boost real soon, and was wondering about his other pedals. Thanks

2. xan

xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    ive got a bass modded teaser stallion on order. apparently the standard model doesnt work too well with bass.

3. Evilash

Evilash

Mar 12, 2004
    I'd love to hear some clips when you get it in. And what stuff you had Nick do to it. It seems like such a great pedal.

4. xan

xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    yeah basically Nick is a very busy man... its been months since he said he would get me some clips of it and I have pretty much heard nothing. when he emailed last he said that whatever mods he had done were successful because he had found a way to make the bass cut through the feedback surprinsingly well, perhaps better than guitar. i reckon it will sound awesome, i cant wait to hear just the overdrive stage in bass mode.

5. xan

xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    just got an email from Nicholas at Catalinbread:

I think the Teaser now will work well with Bass. There are somethings a bassplayer may not appreciate... Modern bass players wanna sound HIFI, distrotion is more an old school sound on bass... [text edited] The essence of the
    Teaser will remain even after some fine tuning. So if that is not your cup of tea mods will not do much to change that.

Nicholas offered to help with fine tuning the unit if it didnt carry as much bass as i liked. im gonna pick one up as soon as i can afford it and ill report back and let u know how it goes.