Catalinbread SFT

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by twelvevail, Aug 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Looking to sell or trade my mint Catalinbread SFT.
    Comes with original box (has velcro on bottom).

Asking $110 shipped CONUS (paypal accepted)

Would trade for:
    Fredric Green Russian Big Muff
    Wren and Cuff Tall Font Russian

Attached Files:

2. sporad

sporad Supporting Member

Dec 13, 2009
    NYC
    Photos ?

3. 2milehighspike

2milehighspike Supporting Member

How old is it, how much use?

4. I've had it about a year. I got it from another TB member.
    Even though I really dig it, I never used it much. I have a Fulltone bassdrive and a Zvex Distortron that I really like the combo of for various overdrive sounds. The only reason I'm parting with it is to get a fuzz.

5. GKR1

GKR1

Oct 22, 2009
    San Diego
    Great pedal...

6. I have got a few responses saying that the newer version of the SFT is much improved over this version. I sent Catalinbread a message inquiring about these improvements and got this back:

I was recently told the newer version (I have the old one) of the SFT has a slew of solid improvements. Can you elaborate? Will I hear a difference?
    Best,
    Rodney

Hi Rodney!

Can you define 'slew' for me? lol

I wouldn't go so far as to say 'slew' - we always make improvements to our designs, but the SFT was pretty dang good right out of the gate. There have been some component changes to tweak here and there over the years but nothing that has made any drastic changes from the original. If I were to try and put it into words I'd say the newer models are tad bit more open sounding and a little less compressed, but you'd likely see a bigger change sonically with yours vs. new models switching from 9v to 18v power.

Mike Erickson

7. Worshipbass12

Worshipbass12

Feb 23, 2013
    Nw georgia
    haha slew would be a whole bunch :)

8. price drop

9. sold

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 13, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.