1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Catch Electric Woodshed @ Stepping Out 8/3/2012

Discussion in 'Rocket Music' started by RocketMusic, Aug 1, 2012.

1. RocketMusic

RocketMusic Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    I'll be playing with Electric Woodshed this Friday @ Blacksburg's annual street fair Stepping Out. We're on the main stage @ 7:30 PM - 8:30 PM.

Please catch us if you can. I hope to see you there!

For a short outdoor set like this, it'll just be me, King Koa, my Streamliner 900 and my Berg HT-322. Well, maybe one pedal on the floor (my latest - the Wren & Cuff Box of War).

:hyper::bassist::hyper::bassist::hyper:

2. Bipslapper

Bipslapper Well Ahoy, Paloi Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2009
    Cape Cod, MA
    Wish I could make it Greg, but it's a bit too much of a road trip. I bet you will sound fantastic. Cheers - PC

3. RocketMusic

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    I hope we do. We don't play together nearly as much as we used to, so rust has become a factor lately. And we're throwing in 3-4 new tunes or tunes that we haven't played in many years. We're rehearsing tonight, so we'll see how it all comes together!

Should be fun, even if it is a big, hot mess!

4. fesem

fesem

Nov 11, 2004
    Blacksburg, VA
    I'm looking forward to hearing you guys!

5. RocketMusic

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    Thanks, Steve - I look forward to seeing you there!

The addition of of a couple new songs & the bringing back of some throw-back favorites from before George & I joined... well, it' a real treat for us. I just hope everyone watching feels the same. :)

6. Man Greg!! i would love to come see you play but It's a little further away than I'd like it to be.. Hey!! You could always record it to video.. Just saying..

7. RocketMusic

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    Wow. So the Shed's original bass player is coming back into town today, and I'm usually more than happy to let him sit in when we're doing a long, multi-set show somewhere. He's a super cool guy and a great bass player to boot. But today the lead guitar player asks me if I'll sit down during the one song with a bass solo in a very short set at what is usually the biggest/best gig we play all year. Really? I mean, REALLY?!?!?

Yeah, I shot that down. Man alive, I just hope I've calmed down by the time I get to the stage later this evening. :mad:

We're playing "Do You Feel Like We Do" tonight for the first time ever... I almost snarkily suggested that we let one of our guitar instructors "sit-in" on that one and take all the leads. But I'm too nice to do that. :rollno:

8. mwbonsall

mwbonsall Supporting Member

Aug 2, 2000
    Casa Grande, Arizona
    That sucks............ but the request did come from a guitar player.

Try to calm your anger, have a couple cold ones, enjoy the music anyway.

Mark

9. RocketMusic

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    Yeah - I'm almost to the point of laughing about it. Almost. :)

No respect.
    - Dangerfield.

10. gui****ists are such idiots at times...

11. RocketMusic

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    Yeah, he really stepped in it tonight. We had it going pretty good. Time was cut a little short due to rain, and of course the tune with my solo in it got cut. He's going to get an earful when I get back. First he tries to give it away. I tell him no, I'm really excited to play it. Then he cuts it. 'Cause lord knows 9 guitar solos isn't enough. Now I'm really pissed. That might just be the last ride for the Woodshed with me in the bass seat.

12. RocketMusic

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    On a more positive note - King Koa was getting some very nice reviews on the street. Looks AND tone. Me very happy about that. And I thank the REDDI for doing it's thing, too. That's just like butter on your tone through a big PA like the festival had tonight.

13. After our nice chat yesterday afternoon, nothing you're saying surprises me.

Hope you follow through on your idea...

:ninja:

:)

...have a great trip, brother!

:hyper:

14. RocketMusic

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    Greg "FNA" Bump. :D

15. YES!!!!!

Greg FA Bump, Esq., hisself, IN DA HAUS!

:hyper:

:D

16. JOME77

JOME77 Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2002
    Georgia
    Greg it sounds like you might need to take him out back to the woodshed for a few lessons!:D